The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-22-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
lil hoodlum

Does anyone else have a hard time pulling the trigger?

Does anyone else have a hard time deciding what they want to do?

I'm stuck on what to do for the engine and rim departments.

I have an old 350 that I rebuilt 14 years ago. It runs fine but is beginning to get a little tired. It was just a stock rebuild so no go fast goodies on it. I would love to step up to a 383 for some killer speed and torque. I wish that I would have rebuilt the 327 that was in it. I was young and new to chevy trucks and I mistakenly thought a 350 would be faster.

I have been pouring over craiglist ads for 327. But then I start to look at 350s. Like everyone else, money is a deciding factor. Like I said earlier, my motor runs fine but I worry about how much more time I have with it. I have a little money saved up. I want to prepare myself for when it comes time to rebuild/ replace.

After rebuilding the 350, I decided I didn't really want to rebuild another. It was fun but it does take time and isn't exactly cheaper I guess.

For the rims, I have some cheap chrome ones. They are ok. They roll. I like the stock look with steelies with full wheel covers. But then again, I like the look of the Boss and Coys also. I got some steelies from the salvage yard 6 lug and I think they are 15 x 6. Not really what I wanted. I would rather have 15 x 8's or 15 x 10's. Well I guess i have em now, not sure what I'll do with them.

Aye carumbah!!!!

Anyone else feel the same way? How do you finally decide what to do?

Keith
lil hoodlum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:46 PM   #2
Your41Plague12

Re: Does anyone else have a hard time pulling the trigger?

Tell me about it! I know the feeling too well. Usually I just wait until I find a deal on one of the things I like and let money decide for me. As much as I hate to admit it, I'm an impulse buyer.
Bushwacker Cutouts, 38x15.50 Mickey Thompson Baja Claws,
350 HP 350 crate engine from Jegs, Turbo 400
Your41Plague12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:18 PM   #3
irishman999

I wait for an opportunity to present itself, if it seems like something I will kick myself for not getting later on I jump on it. I wanted some old school 15 inch aluminum custom wheels and saw numerous sets pop up on craigslist and just waited for something better until one day BAM! the coolest set of 15 inch centerlines I have ever seen for 100 bucks cash!
irishman999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:26 AM   #4
Bennett68C10

I'm worse than you lol, I actually pull the trigger on something and then change my mind and send everything back. Just like I did with all the speed parts I recently bought for my 350, I talked myself out of them and sent them back.

66 Suburban

Burb Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=751361

IG: bennett68c10
Bennett68C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:46 AM   #5
Dunenutt
Newbee

The trigger at my house has been pulled so many times, it now miss fires frequently. I have a cool new pile, a that did'nt work pile, and the what was I thinking pile.

It took 2 1/2 years to put my truck together. I have a grand total of 3.5 miles on the ticker. It is now sitting in the garage with the transmission out, waiting for parts to install a different one.

It is a disease that there is no cure for! I've been at it for about 36 years. The only difference between the poor years and now, is that the piles are bigger, and cost more.
Dunenutt is offline   Reply With Quote