The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-24-2011, 03:53 PM   #1
Vernski

What's the best way to adjust doors?

I tried the search and didn't find what I wanted to know. To adjust the horizontal do you have to take the front fender off? It looks to me that you do have to take it off unless someone has a better way. I don't have a manual so I want to know what measurement to adjust it to?...Vernski
Vernski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 04:32 PM   #2
samuellg1977

Re: What's the best way to adjust doors?

I have been wondering the same thing. Problem... My fenders are welded on!!! The PO put two-piece patches on instead of real fenders and tacked them on over the original fenders (HACKED UP AND ROTTED OUT). I guess the door alignment is the least of my problems right now. Haha. BTW, Cool truck, Vernski. I can't wait to see it painted!!
samuellg1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 04:34 PM   #3
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Perhaps this will help:

markeb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 04:52 PM   #4
Vernski

Hey thanks Mark for the measurements, I guess I answered my own question about removing the fender cause that's the only way I can see to get at bottom hinge bolts for horizontal movement...Vernski
Old 09-24-2011, 09:22 PM   #5
Vernski

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuellg1977 View Post
I have been wondering the same thing. Problem... My fenders are welded on!!! The PO put two-piece patches on instead of real fenders and tacked them on over the original fenders (HACKED UP AND ROTTED OUT). I guess the door alignment is the least of my problems right now. Haha. BTW, Cool truck, Vernski. I can't wait to see it painted!!
Hey thanks for the heads up on Frank that's what the wife calls my truck. I may end up painting him myself I'm getting tired of talking to painters they all scare me with $$ in there eyes...Vernski
Old 09-24-2011, 09:33 PM   #6
samuellg1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernski View Post
Hey thanks for the heads up on Frank that's what the wife calls my truck. I may end up painting him myself I'm getting tired of talking to painters they all scare me with $$ in there eyes...Vernski
Ya gonna paint him yerself? I don't really know how to paint... But that ain't gonna stop me from trying!! I figured "What's the worst that could happen?" It looks like an old farm truck anyways with (I know for a fact) 4 coats of primer over the nicest red patina you could've ever asked for. Except for the fenders in the front. They are new to this truck and bare metal under those coats of grey primer. I'm gonna shoot a coat of flat black over her - DENTS AND ALL!! Right now, she's bent and dented and what my calls "retro and distressed". I put a 350/700R4, ps, pb in her, sanded most of the truck down to a nice smooth base and getting ready for a $40 flat black (LOWES) rustoleum paint job and call it done. Then, I'm gonna drive her like a rental car!! Haha.
samuellg1977 is offline   Reply With Quote