The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-06-2011, 04:15 AM   #1
JRBECK64

Gen 2 Chevy Heads and Vintage Air?

I am wanting to install Vintage Air on the 67 but the early heads dont have any holes in them where the normal aftermarket brackets attach. Can someone who has already dealt with this show some pictures and bracket applications for this problem? I know the alternator either has to go low on the passenger side or to the top on the Drivers Side but without the mounting holes im not sure how to do this. Thanks for any help you can give with this.

JRBECK64
JRBECK64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:40 AM   #2
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Re: Gen 2 Chevy Heads and Vintage Air?

I would check with "Vintage air" they probably have designed a bracket to work with your application that uses bolt holes that exist.There are also other vendors for A/c surely some have dealt with this.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:35 PM   #3
big mike71

Dumb question, But are gen 2 heads the same as vortec? If they are I'll take a pic of mine.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:10 PM   #4
JRBECK64

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mike71 View Post
Dumb question, But are gen 2 heads the same as vortec? If they are I'll take a pic of mine.
big mike71,
No I dont think they are (The Heads). What I did find out today after talking with the guys from Vintage Air is that the Brakets for the AC and the Alternator are part of the $1350 Kit. I guess the brackets actually mount to the front of the Water Pump and the Compressor and the Alternator set up high and in the middle instead of to the outboard of the Valve Covers. Looks a little goofy to me but I have a football field under the hood to work with so I guess it doesn't matter unless my Water pump goes bad then I will have to take the front of the engine off to change it. I guess there will always be a little bad with the good. I sure wont be complaining on a hot summer day. The guys from Vintage Air said they can just about provide any setup you want and can accomidate you as long as you let them know before they send the kit to you.

JRBECK64
JRBECK64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:15 PM   #5
vectorit
What?

The kits I have been noticing, since I am thinking about putting in a AC system on '70. The compressor is mounted with a supplied bracket, that looks like it uses 2 bolts from ram exhaust manifold bolts.
Compressor on the passenger side low, and the alternator on driver side stock.
vectorit is offline   Reply With Quote