The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-09-2011, 12:14 PM   #1
WETOWM

Color change

My truck was originaly red thinking of changing it to blue, will the color change hurt or help the value of the truck down the road if i ever sell it ??
WETOWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 12:22 PM   #2
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Re: Color change

Red, black,silver and white are the colors that are easiest to sell when that time comes. This doesn't mean that you have to use all four colors, tho.

My first car, a '54 Ford 2-dr sedan, was painted the same color of blue that Norm Grabowski used on the little T-bucket that was in the series 77 Sunset Strip. At that time (1964), blue was a popular color. Specifically, it was '56 Dodge Royal Metallic blue. When I first saw the car a year before I bought it, it was the summer of '63. It went past my house with Smitty's burbling and the sun sparkling off of the 4-bar Lancer wheel covers it was wearing. I was in love!

Any color that you choose will have to have something to dress it up. Dark colors need some bling. My truck will be black, as it was when new. But, black vehicles need something shiny to finish it. If you use a darker shade of blue, same thing. Red needs something too, but red draws your eyes to it because of the color. Yellow is the color that our eyes are drawn to more quickly than any other color.

It's your truck, and you should paint it the way you want for no other reason.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 02:18 PM   #3
hugger6933

Unless it is a full resto[I am assuming it is not or elsewise we would'nt have this thread] I don't think paint color is going to hurt the resale potenial. Now if you were to chose some off the wall lime green pearl [no offense to those guys] or some poor taste color[purple comes to mind as does pink] it would limit the ones that would give it a second look. With the main type colors blue, red, white, black . this will open up to ones that would take it without restraint
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #4
Steve Hafner

. . . .

Mine has been changed from it's original blue to white and "IF" I sold it, I'd just have to find a buyer that liked white better then blue - they'd be out there !!! But since I plan on "taking it with me' - it doesn't matter. LOL

. . . .
Attached Images

Life is short . . . we only have, right now.

. . . .

My 70 C-10's BUILD THREAD: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=475526
Steve Hafner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:38 PM   #5
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

I think the "Quality" of the paint job and bodywork would be a higher priority than color.As long as(stated above) it aint a funky color.Everyone's gonna have a fav and will likely be drawn to that color but overall the ones in the know will be looking at quality first.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:10 PM   #6
fastwillie 696969
~Rest In Peace~

orange it

B___H please, I can remove 90% of your so called "beauty" with a kleenex
fastwillie 696969 is offline   Reply With Quote