The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1973-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-10-2011, 08:46 PM   #1
bagged74
its just $$$$$

Hand throttle

Very rare hand throttle for 73-? chevy trucks. needs a good cleaning, not exactly sure what these are worth. It is complete with the hardware. how about $50 plus shipping
Attached Images

bagged74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:02 PM   #2
bagged74
its just $$$$$

Re: Hand throttle

this one came factory in a 74 2wd blazer. I have no idea if it was available in 78
Old 10-11-2011, 04:24 PM   #3
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagged74 View Post
this one came factory in a 74 2wd blazer. I have no idea if it was available in 78
What exactly is its function?
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:55 PM   #4
bagged74
its just $$$$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
What exactly is its function?
I can't see that it would be useful at all unless you had a PTO. Maybe someone else can chime in as to what the intended purpose was. I do know that they are pretty scarce
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-12-2011, 12:46 AM   #5
Meatman

Basically low tech cruise control is what I thought it was.
My 01 TA and 88 Formula hide in the garage. :-)
Meatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:08 PM   #6
bagged74
its just $$$$$

Sold pending payment
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-12-2011, 07:57 PM   #7
bagged74
its just $$$$$

Qksilver, you are second in line. I'll let you know
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-12-2011, 09:40 PM   #8
ozark

WOW I have one I had taken out of a 77-78 truck, I was wondering if they were rare and how much they were worth.
ozark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:49 PM   #9
71swb4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagged74 View Post
Qksilver, you are second in line. I'll let you know
Posted via Mobile Device
Sales are supposed to go through the thread as seen in the board rules: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...nt.php?f=8&a=8

III.All sales must be posted in thread, a reply stating who is in line is also suggested. Accepting sales via Private Messages will result in confusion within the thread and is strictly prohibited.

It helps keep for sale threads clean and keeps people from feeling like they are getting shafted when trying to purchase a part. If you look at the thread it sure looks like Steve was first in line, and then all of a sudden he is second. I can sure see how Steve could get fired up, but he being pretty very civil.
I am not *****ing at you, just pointing out the rules so you don't back yourself into a corner sometime.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:08 PM   #10
bagged74
its just $$$$$

I appreciate the heads up and apologize for any confusion.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:17 AM   #11
bigblock73
yeller

I am the one who sent bagged74 a PM a couple days ago stating I wanted the hand throttle. I intended to come back to the thread, just got sidetracked and forgot. I sent the PM because most ppl get an e-mail notification of it, versus trying to remembeer to come back to the thread to check up on it. Don't get mad at bagged.

I also think if you want to buy something, you should be able to pay for it then...it isn't fair for others who want the same part that are ready to complete a transaction to have to wait in line for someone who may or may not pay on such and such date. I have sold TONS of parts here and elsewhere...and have had more than my fair share of ppl who ask for payment info but never pay...VERY frustrating as a seller, and as a buyer waiting in line for a part.

Ultimately, it is up to the seller in situations like this...and I informed bagged it was his call who he wanted to sell the part to. No hard feeling either way here, sorry for any confusion.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:07 PM   #12
bagged74
its just $$$$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by qksilver View Post
NP, I will keep it simple. It's just a truck part! I will not buy from bagged...............

Steve
Easy enough. I was gonna offer it to you first. But since you want to act like a child I will go ahead with the original sale with the person who wAs ready to pay. I think that there should be a rule implemented to prevent speaking for a part when you aren't prepared to pay immediately.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-13-2011, 08:36 PM   #13
bigblock73
yeller

Steve, nowhere in this thread have I disrespected you.

I think the words "I will not buy from bagged..............." could be taken many different ways, and bagged took them in a negative light. Online communication is only as good as it is clear.

Its a big misunderstanding IMO, at least from where I am sitting.

I essentially sent you the same PM I sent bagged, I don't think PM's need to be posted publicly. I only sent you the one you quoted after I saw this thread head a certain direction.

YOU can have the throttle, as long as bagged is willing to sell it to you after all this. If you no longer want it, or bagged doesn't want to sell it, I will take it. I was ready to pay for this Tuesday, but have held off on pulling the trigger today (once I got a shipping quote) out of respect for you. I would like some kind of resolution ASAP so we can all move on.

If that isn't clear, then I don't know what is.

Last edited by bigblock73; 10-13-2011 at 08:44 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:06 PM   #14
bagged74
its just $$$$$

I think he made it very clear that he won't buy from me. My reference to being childish was to his statement of not buying from me. I did not intentionally deceive anyone. I received a PM from bigblock73 before qksilver ever even said he would take it.
Qksilver, I never once called your character into question. I simply stated that your post seemed a bit childish considering that when I logged on I was going to tell you that you had first dibs. since you won't buy from me then I don't really see that this thread needs to continue. Bigblock73 will get the throttle and it will be a done deal.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-13-2011, 10:27 PM   #15
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

OK so im guessing that this has been resolved, and that the item is sold. Lets let this die and in the future lets follow the rules here as set by Josh, the owner of this site..
I think that if you want to send a PM to a seller inquiring about an item, you should first post in the thread.. this way you will avoid all confusion, and get that email to the seller too.. that should simplify matters if youre inclined to PM a seller. Noone is being singled out here, and this comment should not be taken offensively by anyone.. im just trying to help others not have hard feelings in the future and avoid these kinds of incidents.

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:17 PM   #16
bigblock73
yeller

Thanks Bob.

I did intend to post here too...but with three little ones runnin around, distractions occur. I did make every effort to back out and step back in line, as my PM's and post show. I apologize for my part in this confusion.

I think it is also equally important to be crystal clear if you want an item or not (asking general questions about the item doesn't count), and be ready to pay for it before committing. I have seen both happen here before many times.