The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-15-2003, 06:27 AM   #1
full foot notch

what bags and cupmounts for a 1975 C10 SWB

alright, im planning to bag a 1975 Chevy C10 SWB that im about to buy, and im somewhat unfamiliar with the 2wd Chevy stuff, so i was wondering, with a fullsize 2wd, do i use a 2500 bag or a 2600 bag,cause since its 2wd it would tend to make me believe to use 2500, but since its a fullsize would it be better to go with the 2600, and can i use bag cupmounts made for the S10 with the C10, cuase i found a site that had blueprints for S10 cup mounts, or do i need to use cup mounts made for a 1500 series pickup, of course im going to use a 3 inch drop spindle with the setup, and is it worth it to get the DJM tube control arms that are lowered cup mounts, cuase i was hearing that if you use the spindle and control arm drop setup, that the control arm cup is going to hit the ground when trying to spark

sorry if there is any confusion

or if someone could show me pictures of how the front is setup, possibly thier airbag setup in the front

and out back im going for a 12 or 16 inch notch, so im most likely gonna run a 3600 bag outback, now thats gonna be fun to do

this will also be posted in the suspension section
full foot notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 10:54 AM   #2
Izzy
Trucker.

You'll need a 2600lb or F6873 bag for our trucks. The cup size on an s10 is too small for our trucks plus it's got a hole different bolt pattern since it uses the 2500lb bag.
You cannot combine drop arms and spindles on any truck w/out violation scrub laws. You'll end up ripping those arms off as they are normally the first thing to hit the deck when laid out.
Why such a big notch? You can lay out w/ as small as a 9" notch. If you do that big a notch you're goign to put uncessart stress on the frame.
You should think about running a F9000 Tapered sleeve bag for the best travel/ride on the rear of our rigs. It'll give you just short of 9" of lift.
The only other route I'd go other than a tapered F9 would be a leveraged or cantilered F6873(2600).
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 11:26 AM   #3
LOHRTBT
BeWarE tHe eViL CrAnkTOe!

Quote:
Originally posted by fiveeightchevy
If you do that big a notch you're goign to put uncessart stress on the frame.
Can we get a Websters def. on this word you have introduced to the forum?? lmao

uncessart ? hahahaha

- 1986 Chevy SWB - Stock for now
- 1986 Chevy Custom SWB *Stolen 6/26/05*
- 1985 Chevy SWB SOLD
- 1999 T/A Some mods
www.cardomain.com/id/ramairdave

AIM Screenname - Jester84
LOHRTBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 12:28 PM   #4
PHOENIX

hahhahahaha
Old 04-15-2003, 07:58 PM   #5
Izzy
Trucker.

Quote:
Originally posted by LOHRTBT

Can we get a Websters def. on this word you have introduced to the forum?? lmao

uncessart ? hahahaha
STFU!!!!
Unecessary was what that was supposed to say.
Old 04-16-2003, 02:49 AM   #6
full foot notch

its cause im going for a magazine truck, right now i have 3/4 of the $$ for 26's and plan to get lexani 30s when they finally come out, so thats why such a big notch on the rear, so i can drag ass in the back, and the front is what im gonna have to work on to lay in the front or at least tuck

and at least for right now, a foot notch will be different from everyone else
Old 04-16-2003, 03:07 AM   #7
full foot notch

and im prolly gonna go with a wishbone 3link lever setup with heim joints, so i can have S/S motion and a nice setup, cause im prolly gonna run 3600 bags in the rear, so i can tow some

trust me, once this truck is done, its gonna be a jaw dropper
(setup for show includes a turbo hyabusa in the C10 pickup, which is loaded onto a trailer that has bags and rims, which is attached to my tahoe which is gonna have a major sound system(8 15s daily driver wall), with solid axle swap 12 inch suspension on 44s, with some custom bodywork and airbrush work (yeah, thats a ishload of $$, but vehicles are my weakness, along with women)

Last edited by full foot notch; 04-16-2003 at 03:10 AM.
Old 04-16-2003, 10:11 AM   #8
Izzy
Trucker.

Quote:
Originally posted by full foot notch
and im prolly gonna go with a wishbone 3link lever setup with heim joints, so i can have S/S motion and a nice setup, cause im prolly gonna run 3600 bags in the rear, so i can tow some

trust me, once this truck is done, its gonna be a jaw dropper
(setup for show includes a turbo hyabusa in the C10 pickup, which is loaded onto a trailer that has bags and rims, which is attached to my tahoe which is gonna have a major sound system(8 15s daily driver wall), with solid axle swap 12 inch suspension on 44s, with some custom bodywork and airbrush work (yeah, thats a ishload of $$, but vehicles are my weakness, along with women)
Heims are gonna wear a lot quicker than a bushed link setup. I've had a polyurethane bushed parallel 4 link for a year or so and I can hit big s/s and don't have to worry about my heims going out.
Old 04-16-2003, 10:13 AM   #9
Izzy
Trucker.

Quote:
Originally posted by full foot notch
its cause im going for a magazine truck, right now i have 3/4 of the $$ for 26's and plan to get lexani 30s when they finally come out, so thats why such a big notch on the rear, so i can drag ass in the back, and the front is what im gonna have to work on to lay in the front or at least tuck

and at least for right now, a foot notch will be different from everyone else
A 30" tires is gonna be above the top of the bed before you can even use all of that notch. Plus you know you'll probably not even get close to tuckin' up front if you can ever find a tire that's legal for that app.
Old 04-16-2003, 12:48 PM   #10
PHOENIX

Lets see some pictures of these vehicles!