The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2011, 08:27 PM   #1
Daytona#3895

Lift question

I have a 1987 k-10. This is my first lifted vehicle. I always had muscle cars. The truck has a 6" Superlift kit with 35x12.5x15 BFG All Terrains. It seems to be a good kit. I am not sure what kit it is though. It was on the truck when I bought it. There are no lift blocks, it is all spring. Rear springs have 7 leaf. 6 normal size leaf and 1 that looks like its 2 to 3 times thicker. It may be a helper. Its closest to the axle and its the shortest. The front has 6 leaf. I have the factory quad shock in front and the normal 1 shock per side in the rear. I also have dual stabilizers up front and a drop pitman arm. The sway bar is intact and lowered accordingly. I checked the entire front end as well as the rear. All is working properly and nothing is loose, worn or damaged. My question is, being its my first lifted truck, do they all ride like tanks? It is the worst riding vehicle I have ever been in! The suspension doesn't give or flex at all. Every little bump I hit, my head wants to bounce off the roof! Is this normal? I doubt if softer shocks would lessen the bouncing. The springs don't budge. For a daily driver, its a bit much and is taking all the fun out of driving it. Do I have to swap out for a more softer spring or is it just how it is?
2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport
1996 Jeep Cherokee Classic
1968 Chevy Camaro SS
Daytona#3895 is offline   Reply With Quote