The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2011, 05:57 PM   #1
krazy_texan

Krazy_texans 65 lwb

Well here is my truck affectionatly named Sam. Sam is a 1965 chevy C10 lwb. Well i thought when i brought him home i was going to have a somewhat reliable daily driver but hahaha i was way wrong. I drove him home with no taillights but that was an easy fix the kid that i got him from was a moron and did not have the taillights grounded so 20 minutes of work a voila i have taillights. Well a few weeks of driving him around town i notice the brakes getting progressivly worse and gear oil coming out the driver side of the rear diff everywhere i park so i go to pull the rearend apart and discover that the holding pin in the pinion shaft is broke off and i cant get it out. So there he sat for months and months until i moved. Now i have purchased another rear end and after grinding several bolts on the rear end of the truck to remove the old axle i have decided i might as well do things right and just rebuild the whole frame and so it has started so far i have added a 68 master cylinder and replumbed all the brakes in the truck i removed the old rear end and coil springs a purchased a set of heavy duty coil springs to install along with all the hardware needed to do the install now while i am waiting on parts to arrive i am going to pressure wash the frame and since i am not looking to make a show truck just a good looking driver i am going to clean up what i can of the frame and give it a rattle can job.
Attached Images

1990 v1500 suburban
1967 Ford f100 Swb 4x4 "green bean"

GOD BLESS JESUS, JOHN WAYNE, AND THE ALAMO
krazy_texan is offline   Reply With Quote