The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-04-2011, 05:01 PM   #1
jessewebb

LT1 Motor Mounts

Hey guys, I bought a 1994 LT1 I'm planning on putting it into my 69 C/10. The LT1 has the engine mounts on it and my truck has a 350 small block in it. Will the LT1 bolt to the same mounts or do I need different one's.?? for the motor or the truck or can I use what I have?? Would like to know anymore info on the swap if anyone has some input. I know about the PCM Programming and the electric fans, Can I use my factory radiator. I know the cross member needs to be redrilled or moved back. I may be in the wrong forum for some of these question's or maybe all of them.. Thanks Pete

69 SWB work in progress
97 Ranger 6in. lift on 35's
04 325i lady's ride
jessewebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:08 PM   #2
alfeefish

Re: LT1 Motor Mounts

Ttt
alfeefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:24 PM   #3
hugger6933

Should bolt into the small block mounts however, there was something I recall about some of the lt's having the pass side boltholes upside down from the normal manner. There are several on here that has a lt1 in their trucks. It was [is ]a good motor it is just overshadowed by the allmighty ls motors. I have one on a stand in a corner I have thought about putting in a truck, I have done the ls swap thing a couple of time. I have a 68 lemans convertible that has a 6.0 w/4l80e trans and I did a 89 C1500 wit ha 5.3 and a 4l60e. the swaps are a good way to make a fun truck a lot more fun and reliable. I used a man in Indianna name John Spears. He runs a company called Speartec, and he knows his stuff and is a great guy to deal with does what he says he will do when he says. Good luck
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:51 PM   #4
skunkwerx

I have an LT1 with a speartec harness and reprogramed computer.the motor mount on the pass side needs move up to the front bolt holes, cause u can't have the a/c there anymore,and the mounts that u have to use on the frame side r 80's models to match the LT1 on the block.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-04-2011, 11:32 PM   #5
dave69

I did a swap last Nov.in my 69 C10 I swaped over a 96 LT4 out of a Vette. It was a lot easier than I though. I did my homework and that payed off. 69 engine mount bolted to front holes. It dropped right in. Used my headers just welded in 2 bungs for O2 sensers. I sent my ECU to Brandan Patten @ LT1 swap it was quick and only $75. check out his web sight. You can call him and he will help out. I did the wire harness my self, just follow diagram no big deal just time. I used the duel fans on my stock rad just made a nice bracket to hold them in front and just trimed some of the plastic away so it would fit. I was even able to use the Vette rad hoses. Just switch then from top to bottem. Used the ECU to turn them on. If the LT1 has 2 knock sensers like the LT4 you might want to kick it away or relocate above the oil filter just tap the block it just needs to to be mounted to the block in that area. It may work fine where it is but if it gets to close to mounts or exhaust that's a option. Bought my speed senser, fuel pump, air filter and 90 degree elbow kit to kick it away from rad, fues panel etc from Summit. Good Luck
dave69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 05:30 AM   #6
jessewebb

I have some time. Guess I need to do some reading and figuring out some things before I get started. Thanks guys for taking the time to help out with your input. You'll no doubt be hearing more from me.
Posted via Mobile Device

69 SWB work in progress
97 Ranger 6in. lift on 35's
04 325i lady's ride
jessewebb is offline   Reply With Quote