The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-06-2011, 10:00 PM   #1
72gmcshorty

Stock fuel lines

Do all the trucks with ls motors use 3/8 fuel line to feed the motor? Is there a different size for the 6 cylinder motors? These trucks are scarce here and i would really like to use a stock fuel line from the motor fuel rail to the frame.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:36 PM   #2
Robznob11

Re: Stock fuel lines

well the ls motors all use 3/8 feed and i think the cars use a 3/8 return or no return at all and the trucks use a 5/16 return. I ran all new fuel line on mine 3/8 feed/ return. you can get a 25" roll from auto zone for 20 bucks and its coated. you can also barrow there double flare tool free so all you need to do is buy the fittings and rout it and bend it I used a 10$ bender from harbor freight. its easy and you know you have new line that will las for ever you could run your stock line if you want it should be 3/8 mine was and it was a 6cly truck
,,,,,,,/__(⊙)___//___/__(O)_/

@disciple2.rc 💪instagram💪
LED TAILS
Robznob11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:43 PM   #3
72gmcshorty

i want to use the stock one because it already has the flexible portions attached at both ends.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:47 PM   #4
Robznob11

also you can rob the quick connects off the newer trucks and cut the hose off them. they have a barb. you can then get fuel injection hose at the parts store and get the specific fuel injection clamps. napa carrys them in balkamp. go from your fuel rail to the frame like that its the cheapest way. most local salvage yards don't sell the lines cause thay could be contaminated. so my local guy let me rob 6 ends at 5 bucks each. thats how much one billet end is you will need 6 so that you can put in a fuel filter. car intank pumps have 3/8 fittings on feed and return. truck intank pumps have 3/8 feed and 5/16 return fittings. Im running a camaro tank with a truck pump. only caus the camaro pump was broke when i got it. if you do this note that the truck pump is clocked diff so the fuel gauge will never read full caus the arm will hit
Attached Images

LED TAILS
Old 11-06-2011, 11:52 PM   #5
Robznob11

see in the pic how i adapted the stock one with brass couplers but those flex lines are hard plastic inside and cannot be clamped so you will either need the compleat line or you need enough of the metal so you can flar it like i did and connect to it. but you see the other line has one of the ends i took the hose off of and used the fi hose much easier caus you get as much flex line as you want. im going to lengthin that one so my filter can be changed from underneth the truck.

LED TAILS