The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-07-2011, 02:47 AM   #1
wannagettachevy

my dash went DARK!

well i noticed while driving at night that i couldn't see **** on my dash! not cool... wheres the light bulb for the gauges at? do i have to take the cluster out? is it a few separate bulbs and i possibly blew a fuse? a little help would be much appreciated bros.
wannagettachevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:59 AM   #2
jonathan-m

Re: my dash went DARK!

There are several bulbs that stick into the back of the cluster. You don't have to pull the cluster to replace them, the bulb housings pull right out of the back. I would check the fuses first though if all of them went out at the same time.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:45 AM   #3
losthope

if its not the fuses id check the light switch it self before you pull the gauge cluster( i think its easier to pull it then reach back there and find each one, and some are turn signals and other lights altogether)! i had mine go out and all i did was turn the switch handle back and forth like i was dimming them and they came back on it was just a old wore out switch...the chances all the bulbs(theres a couple on the back of gauges) going out at once is slim it would have to be a fuse,wire,or switch thats the culprit i would think.

"What that grinding noise?Don't worry about that it will eventually clearance itself!"

1966 chevy c10 Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=485977

1954 ford customline
H.A.M.B 54 Build Thread:http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=622142
losthope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:18 AM   #4
1966Stepside

Also check your ground from the cluster. If I remember right, the back of the cluster is metal, and that is the ground source for the bulbs. I was having a similar issue and finally pulled one of the bulbs out and found a good ground source and got it to come on. then I just rigged up a ground to my cluster and everything was fine.
1966Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote