The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-18-2003, 01:01 AM   #1
baggedondubs67

Thumbs down the worst day of my life.

2day was the worst day of my life, well lets see how would anyone feel about having there truck take 5 months in a paint shop and nothing have done to it but the driprails and the doors being shaved. It gets worse see he was sopposed to have turned it into a short bed and he says he cant. Worse still he wont give me my money back. what should I do. please help.
baggedondubs67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 01:13 AM   #2
stllookn
Saving 1 truck at a time!

Get your documentation together and see a lawyer! I hope you have a written quote outlining what was supposed to be done and the cancelled check. Pics before and after?

Sorry to hear this...it is very upsetting!
'69 Flxible Cruiser (look up ugly in the dictionary)
stllookn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 01:16 AM   #3
O'l Buck
Recovering Truck Driver

If he promised something that he can't deliver, and won't refund the money he charged you to do it (less the money he has in it for shaving the drip rails and doors), threaten to call the better business bureau, that usually does the trick, and if he calls your bluff, call the BBB.

Chad
South Central Nebraska
O'l Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 01:40 AM   #4
casey

I agree with o'l buck, if you don't have it in writing your kind of hooped, so call his bluff, try his concience, if that don't work, do what o'l buck said, good luck, theses are hard lessons we all went through, If your a young fellow maybe take a adult with you, he might be thinking he can bully you cause your young
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 02:08 AM   #5
Dropt72Shortbed

Re: the worst day of my life.

Quote:
Originally posted by baggedondubs67
2day was the worst day of my life, well lets see how would anyone feel about having there truck take 5 months in a paint shop and nothing have done to it but the driprails and the doors being shaved. It gets worse see he was sopposed to have turned it into a short bed and he says he cant. Worse still he wont give me my money back. what should I do. please help.
theres a lesson to be learned, if someone cant write you up a written estimate or documentation of what youve paid for then you better make damn sure you can trust them.

if seen so many stories of people who leave their vehicles at a body shop where the only agreement is a verbal one on $45/hour or whatever. then 4 months later only half the work is done and you have a bodyman saying hes got over 100 hours into it when it only looks like 10!

i would NEVER leave my truck at a shop without knowing how much its going to cost in the end.

if you have to front money for any job then you should be given a signed estimate or documentation of what youve paid for. any shop or person unwilling to do so is someone you DONT want to deal with.
Dropt72Shortbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 02:26 AM   #6
bigjimzlll

where is avenal CA located....Me and da boyz could drop by and have a talk with the mope...Im in Anderson,CA...Im pretty sure we have somthing for his punk azz

click the clicky to join the site....
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php

67 lwb..first hotrod in 25 years..540 best ET is 9.45 @ 141.44
Anderson,CA
bigjimzlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 03:22 AM   #7
baggedondubs67

Angry thanks

Thanks fellas well I do have my receit with the paid in full balance and what he was sopposed to do things listed short bed,driprails,doors,tailgate,flames and custom paint everything and its sighned by me and him. Is that good enough. I was also thinking of getting 3 estamites from other shops to talk to court to show the judge what its going to cost to have someone else fix this. oh and avenal is in central cali by hanford, coalinga and lemoore but my truck is in visalia. thanks fellas.
Old 04-18-2003, 04:36 AM   #8
69 Short Fleet

Sounds like you have some good ground to take him to court, do you use your truck to work out of, or to commute with? If applicable I would seek justice in that area as well as the areas you adressed already. Sorry to hear of this, regards, Doug
69 Short Fleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 04:56 AM   #9
Seke69
Space Cadet

wow, that sucks.

on a good note though, you have some documentation, file a claim and get your money back. maybe you'd even be able to get some compensation for time lost, or work missed if you use it often.

BTW how long did he say it'd take?
Seke69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 08:20 AM   #10
Class of 69

Seek legal counsel !!! You have more than enough proof of fraud, and be sure to include the clause that makes him responsable for ALL your legal fees to recover your money, That way it won't cost you out of pocket to get something back !! Also get legal advice on removing the vehicle from his premises. If possible I would remove it prior to legal action so it isn't tied up for another year, and you can't touch it. Then go to the BBB and file a complaint to be put on record.
Old 04-18-2003, 09:48 AM   #11
casey

Try telling the dude first, that your going to take him to court, he might be smart enough to settle out of court, and save you a big hassel, the S#ity thing about court is, is you just get a judgement that says he owes you the money, they don't collect it for you, you still have to collect it, then your back to square one, if he doesn't obey the court, this court process is not usually worth it unless theres 1000's at steak, you have to try bluffing him. If that doesn't work then call Bigjimzlll I think his name says it all
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 11:13 AM   #12
monteman

I came accross this yesterday on another board I visit . You might find it interesting .
http://www.montecarloss.com/cgi-bin/...c;f=3;t=000543
monteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 12:27 PM   #13
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

Put a goat in his house
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 12:32 PM   #14
Randy70C-10
Account Suspended

I like the goat idea. The only advice I can give is don't let him get away with it. As long as you have a signed estimate, this is a legal binding agreement.
Randy70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 01:07 PM   #15
gr8scott51

Go to the mats. Put a horse head in his bed. Make the Godfather proud. If you win in court, you may still not get your money, but maybe you can put him out of business. Scum like that got no right to exist. I learned a similar lesson the hard way, but a few well placed threats (letter from lawyer) worked most of it out. Show him the article in Custom Trucks - then he can change your LWB to a SWB. Good luck. Maybe the board could arrange a protest in front of his shop.
Old 04-18-2003, 01:24 PM   #16
XXL
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally posted by casey
the S#ity thing about court is, is you just get a judgement that says he owes you the money, they don't collect it for you, you still have to collect it, then your back to square one, if he doesn't obey the court, this court process is not usually worth it unless theres 1000's at steak, you have to try bluffing him.
Yep, I have a judgement against a guy in Arlington, TX that's currently earning 10% per annum interest... and it's been about 10 years. Now if I could actually collect it

Quote:
Originally posted by casey
If that doesn't work then call Bigjimzlll I think his name says it all
No sleight toward Bigjimzlll, but every time I see his username, I read it as Big-Jizz-Mill, and so the name may very well say it all

Kenneth
XXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 01:40 PM   #17
bigjimzlll

Quote:
No sleight toward Bigjimzlll, but every time I see his username, I read it as Big-Jizz-Mill, and so the name may very well say it all
LOL..im not quite sure how to take that
my nick name is bigjim...im 6'4" 285.. my dad is also bigjim..but hes a jr. and Im the third.. my original email address (i wanted bigjimIII) was taken..my user name is as close to what I wanted. I never thought it looked like I was a CUM bag...lol. Oh well, XXL, my wife is always accusing me of having my mind in the gutter...I think you have me beat...lol

Anderson,CA
Old 04-18-2003, 02:08 PM   #18
Alexis
Member since 2000

watch "Scarface" and then go to a visit to see him with a chain saw
Alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 05:31 PM   #19
ChopTop

LMAO!!
Old 04-18-2003, 07:57 PM   #20
knucklebuster
Failure is NOT an option!

I got an even better idea,doesn't ludwig live out your way?Send him by there and i guarantee tha dude will do what ever you want him too if you'll just get Lud outta there!!!!

1969 Chevy Shortbed Fleetside
1969 Camaro ps pb a/c(drove in high school now it's just a yard ornament,but it's next on the list for resto)
1990 Ni$$an hardbody( daily beater that has been really beaten!)
1999 Grand Am GT(wifes ride...never buy a pontiac!!Trust Me)
knucklebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 10:20 PM   #21
baggedondubs67

thanks fellas

well I plan on calling the bbb and have then get him and I am going to take him to court and I found out 2day I lost my job to man can things get worst I fell like ending it all. What 2 do?????
Old 04-18-2003, 10:47 PM   #22
knucklebuster
Failure is NOT an option!

Dude,just remember never to solve a temporary problem with a permanent answer!!

1969 Chevy Shortbed Fleetside
1969 Camaro ps pb a/c(drove in high school now it's just a yard ornament,but it's next on the list for resto)
1990 Ni$$an hardbody( daily beater that has been really beaten!)
1999 Grand Am GT(wifes ride...never buy a pontiac!!Trust Me)
knucklebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 11:18 PM   #23
bigjimzlll

Hey man..its been my experience, that you cant enjoy the good times with out a few bad times thrown in..just to remind you how good you really have it. Jobs are a dime a dozen..a better one will come soon enuff, as far as the body shop azzhole...that will work out..take a step back..breathe deep...meditate...its all good..just wait..you'll see

Anderson,CA
Old 04-19-2003, 02:33 AM   #24
gmc383

firstly

baggedon, I want to tell you I know how you feel. I had a scumbag do work on my truck. He was slow, then disassembled it. So I was stuck. Couldnt get my truck as it was in pieces. I had receipts for all the work I had paid for that he did not do. But he kept extorting money. Stuff like, "Well, I cant do anymore until you drop some more cash on me".I had the police go over with me as they turned out to be crackheads, and I had a record so did not want to get in any more trouble. The cops did nothing. They said, "yes you are being scammed, but it is a civil case". Some of my union brothers from the boilermakers union offered to go over with me. I had another friend who offered to firebomb the shop. I have an aversion to handcuffs though. I found an agency in canada called blue moon civil pursuits. For 250.00 dollars, they paid the guy a visit, one of them was a retired rcmp cop. I went with them, got my keys, trailered my truck and parts, and sued him. The agency even represented me in civil court as part of the 250.00 fee. Now, like stated on this post, just because you win a judgement, does not mean you will get it. I called this motherfuc-er daily, reminding him that he owed me 2000. I left messages. I even answered ads in the nickelsworth that were his and said I would be interested in the parts he was selling cause some of them were from my truck!!!Also, the agency that got my truck back bugged him constantly. Found out where he banked, all sorts of inside info. I also called various car and truck clubs in the area and reported his business. I went to court twice. I had a file folder of papers for evidence, he had one receipt that he made that did not even have my signature. The guy got tired of me and the agents bugging him so he made payments. He still owes me 200 bucks, but that is ok. I got my truck back. Plus 1800.00. I was of the attitude that if he wanted to screw me, I would show him what screwing was all about. Showed him he screwed with someone who does not forget and will not give up. I would have spent 2500 to get my 2000 back. Yes, I have a chip on my shoulder, but I hated the way it felt. It was a violation. I cannot liken it to rape or anything, but I felt stupid, taken advantage of, and will not put myself in that situation again. And if someone rips me off, I will not rest until I make it right by me. I understand I am irrational, but if I was one of the fellows who got ripped off by that wing nut in Texas, I would go and visit. I feel for you bagged, and let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I dont mind emailing the guy, or if you know the name of his business, I will see if I can find anything out for you. I sincerely wish you luck on this matter.
gmc383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 10:14 AM   #25
busterwivell

The BBB has it's place, but when you call to file a complaint, they will send you a form. You fill it out and they respond to the business asking for their side, they will follow up a couple of times if there is no reply from them. I know this from experience. If they still get no response, they will tell you to seek other action and show an unsatisfactory record for this business's file. If you get a judgement, and you know the business's bank, have your attorney file the judgement against their account. They will pull any money out of that account that day.
66 Chevrolet Malibu 2 dr 4 speed
71 Chevrolet C30 Longhorn
86 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS (Sold)
01 Chevrolet Tahoe
IM - BUSTERWIVE@aol.com
busterwivell is offline   Reply With Quote