The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-13-2011, 11:59 PM   #1
hvychve
To The Levy

I miss this sight

Man its been too long , I popped open the brouser to see the old chevy's and let me tell ya, its been a while, popped in on trucks for sale, wow, they are sure holding there own, some are priced pretty substantially, I just wanted to pop in and voice my thoughts , if thats not rude? I can deffinately get lost here. I still hold on to the dream of purchasing a project 67-68 shorty , dropping the suspension with maybe some tubs and a bad to the bone big block, buckets, tilt and may be an overdrive with sweet low rear gears, you kow, somthing totaly kick butt. Just cant seem to find one that is priced in my budget of a starter , whats going on , is it that every0ne wants one now, and the price is driven sky high I have had in my days a 67 4by lift and a long horn 71 , I presently own and have had for 27 years, a 72 cheyenne super 20 with lots of love thrown its way through out the years, its a working truck, and is not ashamed up pulling a 20' trailer loaded with wood up the yosemites, or a ton of rock in its bed, its also been treated like a four wheel drive at times , been up some back roads only for the agressive four by types, but she keeps a truckin, its been with me so long, that I dont know if I could ever part with her, she carts a 402 big block(fresh) aluminum manifold, edelbrock carb, elec. choke , factory a/c, leather coated bench seat, 700r4 trans, with a controlla ble lock up converter for 2nd and 3rd gears, and automatic converter lock in forth, 4;10 gears, 285-65-18" tires surround centerline wheels(8 luggers) rhino coated bed, hidden hitch, w/flip up license plate, I could go on and on, my next time consuming ordeal is to affix the real wood siding that is going to be sealed stained and placed where the sticker wood grain is on the lower trim. I think that would be different, hope it works, got a love the era.
Attached Images

hvychve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:14 AM   #2
hvychve
To The Levy

Re: I miss this sight

sorry guys, got ahead of myself, landed in wrong forum, can you forgive, im on my knees asking for forgivenenss , come on have a heart.....
hvychve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:56 PM   #3
C20-67_N_MO
Champagne Taste on Beer Budget

Re: I miss this sight

Still! A real nice truck you have there.