The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-14-2011, 05:54 PM   #1
glendale

some people are crazy..

i am kinda looking for another truck.so i found one on cl and the guy wants to trade it. i have an off topic car i might trade for a cool truck so i ask for pictures. the add says the truck apraised for 14,000 it's a long fleet primer grey rattle can flames maybe a grand at best. it's crazy i won't post the pics because i don't want to be rude but mam o man...
glendale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:14 PM   #2
steverino66

Re: some people are crazy..

been there - I'm always pleasantly surprised if I DON'T get a goofball on CL
steverino66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:25 PM   #3
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

appraisal for $14K? do you have the link? it would have to be pretty fixed up to be worth even 1/3rd that.

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:27 PM   #4
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverino66 View Post
been there - I'm always pleasantly surprised if I DON'T get a goofball on CL

I'm always pleasantly surprised when I don't meet a goof ball in life.lol
Kabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:29 PM   #5
monolith
Zero Albedo

For a while there I was seeing a ton of 60's trucks for 500-1k now it seems that trucks in the same shape are going for 5-10k. What happened?
Posted via Mobile Device

"Deserve's got nothin' to do with it."

66 GMC 1500 wideside longbed 250 4spd "Project Rekker"http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=467467
65 GMC 1Ton Panelhttp://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...32#post4794432
65 Chevy Panel (former U.S.Navy truck)
64 Chevy Suburban Carryall 4x4http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=358348
64 GMC 1000 wideside longbed 305 4spdhttp://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=3600890(Rip- parts truck now)
68 Dodge Charger
monolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:50 PM   #6
glendale

the link has no pics. i actually thought i texted the wrong person at first. i asked how much he wanted then he said no less than six grand so in his mind it was half off... i told i did not want to be rude and it was not worth any where near six. needles to say he got a bit upset.
glendale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:22 PM   #7
awbrown

I dont want to hurt others feelings either , so I say "well I have a few more to look at before I make a decision"... And exit...........like the day I had a guy looking at my GTO and we had to drive by a lemans by the side of the road with a for sale sign , so
I thought I would drop in and see what he wanted ... it was big time rotted trunk , big time rotted fenders and floor boards with a smoking 350 .. and all he wanted was 6 GRAND.lol. I said "I know where you can buy a 70 GTO with new rear quarters for 4 grand...
awbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:29 PM   #8
losthope

Dont you know one just like it sold for $30,000 on Barret Jackson..............i just saw the pictures the guys on drugs---->

"What that grinding noise?Don't worry about that it will eventually clearance itself!"

1966 chevy c10 Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=485977

1954 ford customline
H.A.M.B 54 Build Thread:http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=622142
losthope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:38 PM   #9
Woogeroo

it's worth what he can get someone to pay him for it...

-W
Woogeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:37 PM   #10
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogeroo View Post
it's worth what he can get someone to pay him for it...

-W
which will probably be around $500
jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:21 PM   #11
clemdaddy

the way i see it...it ain't right. how come our trucks even when built to the hilt are valued at 15 to 25 grand. yet mustangs and firebirds are twice that. it didn't cost any less to build a great truck than the camaro or chevelle. but it's perceived value is half. let's see, trucks are more versatile, more utilitarian, just as fast, every bit as cool, more rare (except texas, oklahoma and surrounding states) and still have big head-turning appeal.

sorry, but i don't get it...
not talking about the bj auction fanatics but just the everyday sales of classic trucks in general... guys, we're getting ripped off.

lets start a movement to increase the value of trucks by slowly raising our prices and increasing their rarity by decreasing availability. we will instill an essence of need and necessity. we can hang on to our trucks until people are begging for one. till that pile of junk parts out back is priceless, and then all at once... we sell. hahaha

woops, didn't mean to kipe your thread, just daydreaming at work.
clemdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:58 PM   #12
Rich 5150 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
the way i see it...it ain't right. how come our trucks even when built to the hilt are valued at 15 to 25 grand. yet mustangs and firebirds are twice that. it didn't cost any less to build a great truck than the camaro or chevelle. but it's perceived value is half. let's see, trucks are more versatile, more utilitarian, just as fast, every bit as cool, more rare (except texas, oklahoma and surrounding states) and still have big head-turning appeal.

not talking about the bj auction fanatics but just the everyday sales of classic trucks in general... guys, we're getting ripped off.

lets start a movement to increase the value of trucks by slowly raising our prices and increasing their rarity by decreasing availability. we will instill an essence of need and necessity. we can hang on to our trucks until people are begging for one. till that pile of junk parts out back is priceless, and then all at once... we sell. hahaha

I think thats what is happening already, there is hardly any parts in our area for sale anymore, on CL and a swap meet paper I get monthly and when there is parts they are demanding some steep prices, and most of what I see is crap. Now complete trucks on CL has gotton ugly as well, average driver with nothing done ( and needs everything) is $5k..... Good for us that already have trucks......bad if your looking, I can`t count the times I`ve been asked to sell my truck, I just tell them they don`t have enough....its just not for sale.
`68 Dart 370/904/323 suregrip
Rich 5150 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:59 PM   #13
rustyrodknocker

Well if your going to not sell something. You might as well not sell it for whatever number you want. Thats what my father inlaw says. Kind of like throwing a $500 bid on a $60,000 car. Then telling the guys at work "yeah im bidding 67 big block vette now".
Posted via Mobile Device
rustyrodknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:09 AM   #14
1963c-10

Here in NC, you find alot of rusted out iron that guys want huge numbers for. I have seem trucks that belong back in the junk yards and they'll want like 2 grand for them. They all say itd make a great fixer-uper, but would take $20k to still have a $10k truck
1963c-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:03 PM   #15
brawley
Easy Does It

too many people have turned our hobby into money making ventures- makes it frustrating for us who enjoy fixing up old things and arent trying to make a quick buck. just keep looking and dont give in to these people, then they will have to adjust there prices
brawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:56 PM   #16
pmkrew

Just called on one over the weekend, almost on CL for a month already. It was listed as a 66 lwb c-10-30. It is a one owner that has been sitting since '94 but "only needs tires, belts and hoses", lady knows nothing but that her daddy bought it from a local dealer and she wants $7500.00 for it, I thought it to be a mislisting that should've been listed at $750.
I asked her if it had rust and she says "why do you ask me that"?

She wants the money to help her disabled son get a car that is modified for his disability which is noble but needs a reality check...

Didn't they just do a truck on DVAP, is that where these folks are getting their inflated junk values from?
pmkrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:09 PM   #17
padresag

Quote:

so where do we we start decreasing the availability, with yours???
ron
padresag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:23 PM   #18
pdxhall

I'm not doing this as a business venture, I'm doing it because I love these trucks and see it as a hobby to build and then a joy to drive. I, personally, would like to see parts and trucks stay inexpensive so even more people can buy them and enjoy them. It's sad that they are already starting to climb in price. For years they were the forgotten step child of the 55-57s and the 67
-72s, not to mention the pre 55s. As availability has decresed and prices have risen on those trucks, people have started to rediscover the 60-66s. I still enjoy the fact that you can go to a cruise or car show and it's not filled up with our trucks, even though I kind of miss the chance to see and get more ideas.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:12 PM   #19
j.kirn

Quote:
Originally Posted by padresag View Post
ron
no i think we should start with yours
j.kirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:16 PM   #20
padresag

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.kirn View Post
no i think we should start with yours
still got a bug up your a/h?
ron
Old 11-17-2011, 03:29 PM   #21
clemdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by padresag View Post
ron
geez ron... just a joke. the hahaha part at the end implies joking. things must be a bit serious up there in bc.
sorry, man... but i am already 'decreasing availability' cause mine's not for sale.
my point was that same amount of time and the same money invested, our trucks are not worth half of most cars from that time period are bringing. the rest was bs.
clemdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:43 PM   #22
MisterC

The following comment is not a knock on the customizers as I believe that truck enthusiasts come in all shapes and sizes. With that said, could it be that those that chop frames and body panels to the extreme, contribute to the inflated prices by lowering the number of unmolested trucks out there?

I looked for almost 14 months before I finally found the truck that I ended up buying. While I love the lowered look, I didn't want a truck that had been notched or chopped or smoothed and over 80% of the trucks that I looked at had major modifications to the body and/or frame. Did I pay more for mine that I probably should have, Yes, but it started right up, I drive it everyday and it only needs paint. Everything I do to it is because I want to, not because I have to. That's worth a few extra bucks to me. FWIW, I didn't even pay half of much as that nut job thinks his is worth!
350 V-8 - Powerglide

My not so much a build thread as a "Slow Progression Thread":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=486894
MisterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:18 PM   #23
padresag

Quote:
geez ron... just a joke. the hahaha part at the end implies joking. things must be a bit serious up there in bc.
sorry, man... but i am already 'decreasing availability' cause mine's not for sale.
my point was that same amount of time and the same money invested, our trucks are not worth half of most cars from that time period are bringing. the rest was bs.
and mine was a little joke right back. did you notice the right behind it.
someone else has a problem.
I know exactly what you are talking about and it is the law of supply and demand. you notice how many times the word rare is used when they go to sell these things, Mr. Kirn thinks that his is the rarest of them all; that is because it belongs to him. they are getting less and less but they still keep digging them up. they were just something that came of a assembly line; stamped out.
ron
Old 11-17-2011, 05:30 PM   #24
j.kirn

not rare when built but rare now a/h, and it doesnt belong to me

Last edited by j.kirn; 11-17-2011 at 05:41 PM.
j.kirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:10 PM   #25
losthope

Now on ebay im seeing alot more stuff being listed as "Vintage Style" instead of "reproduction" so someone not knowing better see's the word vintage and bids and over pays for a piece of crap....someone's always trying to get over on someone way of the world.

"What that grinding noise?Don't worry about that it will eventually clearance itself!"

1966 chevy c10 Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=485977

1954 ford customline
H.A.M.B 54 Build Thread:http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=622142
losthope is offline   Reply With Quote