The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-15-2011, 07:46 PM   #1
skidpan

project dream truck

It's going to be an on going project. Nothing too terribly fast, but.I have a lot of excitement behind this one.
So the story behind this build. I have a friend who has two and a half trucks. A 60, a 62, and I believe a 63. One is a short bed, but missing the bed with a rough SBW cab, he has a complete BBW long bed decent truck pretty solid, and the third is a very nice BBW cab and front clip missing the frame. He also has a trailer with a short bed on it. Out of all the bodys he wants a short bed BBW truck assembled, and I can have the rest. The cab he wants is the one that's currently on the long bed. And the cab I want is just sitting on the ground. So some cab swapping is in order... Now the pics.

Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
skidpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:50 PM   #2
awbrown

Re: project dream truck

I love 60-63 trucks , but you should hope they are all 60-62 ,because there is a small differance in cab mount location from 62-63... but I am sure everything left over is free you wont have much problem making it all fit together..... Keep us informed on this one ...
awbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:11 PM   #3
skidpan

My plans are to get this long bed a bit closer to the ground via boxing the lower torsion arms, drop spindles, notch the rear, blocks, and raising the trailing ARM mounts. Of course money is a big factor. Is love to be able to put a dropmember in, but don't have the money for one. Does anyone know if there is a notch kit for the early X frames or am I going to be fanning and cutting my own?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-15-2011, 08:14 PM   #4
skidpan

That was one of the first things I noticed... The short bed has very close to the frame front mounts, and the long stick out a bit more. Worse case I cut the mounts off the frame, and weld on the correct application. I may modify the body to stop the longbed that extra inch or two...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-15-2011, 09:46 PM   #5
skidpan

I don't think I mentioned I'm bagging it. I know I said I was going to box the lower torsion arms. but I want it to sit on the ground. I'm going to take the rougher of the leftovers and build a truck for my girl. I'll sit it on my 67 after parting out the body. I currently have a stroker motor, and a 4 speed, but I'd like to get an auto for it. Tomorrow I'm going to start pulling the front clip off the long bed, then get a couple friends to help pull the cab off. I'll get some more pics tomorrow
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-17-2011, 03:11 PM   #6
skidpan

So I've got a bit accomplished the last couple days. I've got the shortbed down to a rolling frame. I is headed out to the blaster later today. I've also got the long bed stripped of the bed and front clip. I probably won't pull the cab until I've got the painted short bed frame back, which hopefully will be in the next week or so... Here are some pics...

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-17-2011, 03:14 PM   #7
skidpan

Hopefully ill sell some stuff soon so I can afford to order the bags and some metal. I've also found a set of centerline 20s with just rollers, the guy wants 350 bucks for them. New from summit the same wheels are 680 per wheel. We will see is I can scrape up enough for them
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-17-2011, 03:17 PM   #8
1963c-10

Looks like your off to a good start
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=619024
1964 Short bed trailer
1963c-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:58 PM   #9
skidpan

These are the wheels I'm attempting to score
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-19-2011, 10:10 PM   #10
skidpan

Found a notch kit for the rear of the 60 longbed frame. 170 bucks. Hopefully my 51 Chrysler will get sold next week and I can start ordering some things.
Posted via Mobile Device