The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-27-2011, 01:15 AM   #1
dbstepside

plain jane 72 question

my dad just stumbled upon a plain jane 72, the spid only shows 3 things. a code, the interior color, and the exterior color. those are black trim inside and white outside. my question about is that in know it was originally a 307 truck but someone has replaced it with a 402 bb with a th400 behind it, how bad would that hurt or would it help in selling the truck. the truck is a swb with some surface rust and a couple of dents but dents are on the hood. i'm thinking of buying the truck and cleaning it up as good as possible and finding a decent seat and a new rubber mat for and then trying to flip it. if not i'll keep it and probably do the shop truck look as it had some kind of door logo before. this truck had the cleanest dash i've ever seen. no holes, radio delete, and not a scratch in the paint on the dash. i know u guys want to see pics, i'll get them as soon as it's not raining and i can get truck outside.
dbstepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:10 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: plain jane 72 question

I think it will help it more than not. There are far ore people out there who would be attracted by the big block than those who are looking for factory original,especially a plane Jane. It's a short bed big block now and something sought after. Sounds like an empty canvas for the foundation to a dream truck to someone. I think it's cool they used "era correct" powertrain upgrades...as if it was factory. It would be cool to have a plain white Jane BBC C/10 with 4.10posi,tach,and COPO Camaro hubcaps.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:50 AM   #3
redbaron69

more people are building custom trucks now days than doing the stock restos. swb, bbc, driver would be a nice start to someone looking for a custom project.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:54 AM   #4
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

a short fleet big block truck...
sounds like what 75% of the guys on here dream of at night.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:22 PM   #5
dbstepside

thanks for the answers i know most people love swb bb trucks as that is what my truck is. but my truck has a later model 454 i just wasn't sure how people felt about the 402. the only 402 trucks that i'm used to seeing are normally super cheyenne's or sierra grande's so i wasn't sure about it being in the ol plain janer. and btw i did check and it is a posi now but not sure of the gears. i think i'm gonna buy it from him i can't quit thinking of how cool it'll look sitting on the ground and somebody has already put sway bars on it. and the extra parts that came with just make it to hard to resist. but again thanks for the answers, i need to become a paying member so i can attempt to sell some of this stuff and get some money back.
dbstepside is offline   Reply With Quote