The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
Gmichael

Finally i have one... first project, a '70 SWB and new member intro PICS

Well, I have finally joined the 67-72 family with a truck of my own. I have wanted one for as long as I can remember- as some of my best memories were of my dads two 72's... His first (a c-20 4x4) was tradically stolen in '96 only weeks after finishing an entire frame off... His second was a Cheyenne 4x4.

I found this '70 (i know it has a 71/72 grill....) c-10 SWB about an hour from my house on craigslist during my lunch hour and in a moments decision decided to grab my trailer after I got off from work to go get it. Its not in very good condition, but it is a decent starting point for a project. It wasnt completely assembled, nor was it even complete. I spent the lasts couple months putting the truck back together and buying 100,000 miscellaneous parts to make it a driver.

Of course I have big plans for it, but those are going to be a few years out. My Fiance and I are getting married in 10 months, she is finally graduating college after 8 years, and my new business is just starting to get some traction which is keeping us busy. But even as the truck is now, I still grin ear to ear when i drive it. Most people see an old piece of crap, but I see the beginnings of my dream truck....

This was the truck when i first got it

I got an engine and trans put in it. its just a good 'ol 350 and TH400

I put a new wiring harness in it. The seat was the nicest part of the whole truck.

I still have a few more things to accomplish. Over the winter ill get bumpers, the front markers, a tailgate etc....

my dads '72 cheyenne back in the late '90's

my fiance and I
Gmichael is offline   Reply With Quote