The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2011, 07:28 PM   #1
butternut1972

68 SWB "Project Sucker Punch"

I had to move the next project around today and I took a few pictures of it. This will be my sons truck when he starts driving He's 12 now, so we have a few years to get it done.

My dad bought this truck back in 90' to pull our daycruiser to the lake (It looked much better then) I bought it from him in 93' and drove it for 6 or 7 years and decided it needed some freshing up so I started restore it, Then my son was born and it sat for a few years and then I sold it to a friends son. I always regreted selling it. About a year ago he needed to sell it, so I got it back.

Back when I started on it I found alot of rust in the cab, so I found a better cab for it. The frame was blasted and painted(needs to be repainted again) the rearend has been narrowed and 373 posi installed, air bags and lines run. Front and rear sway bars. I have alot of new parts waiting for it.

So the plan is my son wants to paint it flat black w/flames (maybe). Red interior. He wants a big block but he might have to settle for something a little more mild for awhile. When the rear end was done it was mocked up with 18"x12" rear wheels. We have the Boyd Harms for it now but not sure if they will be on it or not.

There won't be any major work on the truck until this summer. I have to get my other project done first. But my son likes to get on here and look around and get ideas so I thought I would start a thread for him so he can learn from some of you. Thanks for taking a look.
Attached Images