The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-14-2011, 09:00 AM   #1
jel111

New power brakes!

Put the kit on and right from the start sounded like a bad ball joint. Got the kit with ask that new. So I went back checked everything. The next day the spindle bike right at the castle nut. The reason I did it when I did was because the left front original beating went. That'd the same . Could something else be wrong? Anybody know what years of spindles will work? Note I need just the one and can't find out which one will work.
Posted via Mobile Device
jel111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
Corts60
Just here to tinker

Re: New power brakes!

Not to be rude, but that message was a bit . You might want to clarify some of the components you labeled up there so we can understand better to help you.
Corts60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:16 PM   #3
1963c-10

I think he means that the spindle broke at the castle nut and is trying to find correct spindles.....Corts60 is right though. We need more info. How many lugs on the front end, dropped spindles, stock, disc brake or drum, and what year truck..engine, etc...maybe a cuople of pics.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=619024
1964 Short bed trailer
1963c-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:22 PM   #4
jel111

Sorry bout that fellas! Thought that 6 our 5 lug didn't matter. Its a 6 lug. By brake kit I meant new power front disc. Who would put drums back on? I replaced ball joints tie rod ends sleeves spindles mastercylinder added vacuum can ect.... Well the leftfront spindle snapped right on the stud that you bolt the disc to. You tigjten that on with a castle nut. Right where the threading of the stud stoped it broke. From the begining the left made noise like a bad.ball joint. So any thought would be helpful. I am sure I didnt tighten the disc on to tight. Ihave done it before with no issues.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-14-2011, 03:48 PM   #5
padresag

spindle doesn't have any studs. it does have the outer end threaded for a c/nut which tightens for the bearings inside of the hub which holds that assy on. the disc usually goes on the hub and is orig held on by 6 studs or 5 if it has been changed. if the spindle did snap off, then you need a new one that corresponds to the frt end which is in there or how ever that you have parts and pieces assembled(we don't know what you have; c10,20 or k10,20 series. what year?)
so is this a newer frt end assy or parts that you have gotten?
ron
padresag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:50 AM   #6
jel111

I understand that it is not called a stud but I didn't know what you wanted to call it. Best way I knew to describe what I was talking bout. I think we all know what I was saying so lets not split hairs here. I realize that it is broke and I need a new one. I am not trying to be ****ty but lets get real here guys if you are on this site you should know what I am talking about. I just wanted a little feed back is all. I have a 66 c 10. Seeing we are on the 60 to 66 forum I thought that info was implied. My bad! So any way I was trying to find out which years would swap. I found somewhere where I can buy just the spindle. So all good. Something was wrong from the beginning cuz it was making noise. I think it was a bad part but no way to prove it so I am stuck. Guess this buying online **** is easy but not to smart! Have a great Holiday all.
Posted via Mobile Device