The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-31-2011, 06:38 PM   #1
riz

I want to start my build ! I hate Winter !!!

I live in Hudson, WI which is right on the WI/MN border and about 15 minutes from downtown St. Paul and I gotta tell ya...........I'm already sick of Winter. So far this year we haven't had hardly any snow and the temps have been above normal winters but I can't wait until Spring! I picked up an 81 shortbox in October and I'm really ready to start working on it. I already have my K5 Blazer project in my garage which is almost ready to send off to my paint guy so my shortbox is sitting next to my garage and I don't want to start tearing into it until I can get in in the garage. We're expecting snow tonight so I went out and at least pulled off the front bumper so I could at least feel like I did something to it.

I guess I just had to vent a bit......... at least I've been planning my build and compiling a list of parts I'll need so when the time comes to finally get to tear into it, I'll be a little ahead of the game.

Can any of you understand how I'm feeling? If so, let's hear what you have going on......Thanks for listening!

RIZ

Last edited by riz; 12-31-2011 at 06:41 PM. Reason: mispelling
riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:00 PM   #2
sethv

Re: I want to start my build ! I hate Winter !!!

I hear ya buddy! It's been raining like crazy here in PA. Not getting much snow. Just cold and miserable.
sethv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:00 PM   #3
Eyegore
What Hump?

Move to Phoenix, 70's this week with clear skies, but we pay during the summers, 115 temps for weeks on end.
Eyegore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:00 PM   #4
Stew_Magoo
Account Suspended

CHEESEHEAD!! I live in Milwaukee and get a lot of OT when it snows and when it's cold. Not a flake down here. BRING THE SNOWPOCALYPS AND ARCTIC BLASTS!!!!
Stew_Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:35 AM   #5
78 Big10 454
78 Big10 454

I feel your pain, Riz. I was trying to work on my square this afternoon, but I was constantly being distracted by some young women in bikinis roller skating down the street. Really annoying, didn't get a darn thing done...
Old 01-01-2012, 02:52 AM   #6
tim23mn

I remember good old Minnesota/Wisconsin winters. Trying to dig my truck out of 2 feet of snow to pull it in the garage to work on it. Pulling parts off trucks laying in the snow and ice in -20 degree weather. I'm glad they stationed me in the South. Originally from the Hastings/Prescott area, so I know all about it man.
tim23mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:58 AM   #7
MalibuSSwagon

Same here, weather wise. I have a portable garage to store the project car in. Pulling my truck in the garage this week to teardown for TPI swap. Gonna be colddddd
MalibuSSwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:14 AM   #8
ringger14

Im in Illinois so I def feel your pain. Thankfully it hasnt snowed as much as it did last year so far. Its in the garage but Im out of room to be able to do anything. I miss being able to do my sanding and other crap outside in the warm sun instead of breathing paint and dust for hours!
ringger14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:12 AM   #9
BigBlocksRule

You just need a bigger shop.
Your main job now is to convince HER of that.
BigBlocksRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:01 PM   #10
East End K5

me too bud. Im just trying to shuffle my tasks to see what I can actually get done in this weather until spring.....

[B]1972 Chevrolet K5 Blazer RIP
1986 GMC Sierra K3500 1TON, Long Box, V8350 RIP
1980 Chevy Silverado C30 Cab and Chassis, 454 TH400HD. RIP
[B] 1995 Chevrolet Tahoe 2D [B]
East End K5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:19 PM   #11
riz

I really wish I had an extra garage bay but that's not cheap at all. If I just had the 3rd bay I'd be in heaven!

RIZ
Old 01-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #12
ivorton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by riz View Post
I live in Hudson, WI which is right on the WI/MN border and about 15 minutes from downtown St. Paul and I gotta tell ya...........I'm already sick of Winter. So far this year we haven't had hardly any snow and the temps have been above normal winters but I can't wait until Spring! I picked up an 81 shortbox in October and I'm really ready to start working on it. I already have my K5 Blazer project in my garage which is almost ready to send off to my paint guy so my shortbox is sitting next to my garage and I don't want to start tearing into it until I can get in in the garage. We're expecting snow tonight so I went out and at least pulled off the front bumper so I could at least feel like I did something to it.

I guess I just had to vent a bit......... at least I've been planning my build and compiling a list of parts I'll need so when the time comes to finally get to tear into it, I'll be a little ahead of the game.

Can any of you understand how I'm feeling? If so, let's hear what you have going on......Thanks for listening!

RIZ
i feel your pain man. i live in south dakota and the winters here are awful. but at least u got a garage. i aint got jack. i have to work on my truck out in the open. that really suck!!
ivorton74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:07 PM   #13
kcsa75

Count me in. Wintertime sucks.

All the car shows and cruises are over till spring. The only nice days seem to be during the week when you have to work, so you can get out to work on your truck or go parts picking.

It hasn't even snowed or gotten real cold here, but I'm ready for spring!

People who blindly follow a GPS end up on television programs on The Weather Channel. Some survive, some don't.
kcsa75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:40 PM   #14
riz

All I know is I'll be ready for March \ April to get here to get into it big time! For the last hour I sat here and laid out the plans for the stereo system which gets my juices flowing.... even though when I look outside I see the 1" of snow we got last night. On the flip side, it's a far milder Winter than we had last year. Last year was insane amounts of snow by now with a ton more the rest of the Winter too. Maybe because this year being so mild is why I'm getting Spring fever so early..... I don't know? It does help to hear I'm not alone with my feelings towards Winter! Another cool thing is my stereo should be slammin' !!!

RIZ
Old 01-01-2012, 03:55 PM   #15
craazy22

Sorry guys, but down here in Houston, winter is awesome, mid 60 all day long, high 40s and night, and once in a while a few drops of water and temp. But pretty decent 90% of the time. But dont get me started on our 100 degrees+ and humidity on the summer, and our Texas size sqeeters.
Posted via Mobile Device
02 chevy silverado z71 off road package
craazy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:04 PM   #16
AntiGov

Quote:
Originally Posted by riz View Post
All I know is I'll be ready for March \ April to get here to get into it big time! For the last hour I sat here and laid out the plans for the stereo system which gets my juices flowing.... even though when I look outside I see the 1" of snow we got last night. On the flip side, it's a far milder Winter than we had last year. Last year was insane amounts of snow by now with a ton more the rest of the Winter too. Maybe because this year being so mild is why I'm getting Spring fever so early..... I don't know? It does help to hear I'm not alone with my feelings towards Winter! Another cool thing is my stereo should be slammin' !!!

RIZ
Riz, i hate winter too...im a painting contractor and its hard to make it through winter these days.....how ever the shortest day of the year just passed and the day light hours are getting longer by like 2min a day......keep your head up
AntiGov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:16 PM   #17
riz

I keep thinking of the days getting longer too...........that helps a ton!

As far as Summer heat goes,.............last year we had a scorcher Summer too.....We had several weeks where we thought we were going to melt! Living here gives us the biggest range of weather throughout any given year........We basically get a week or two in the Spring and the same in the Fall that is perfect and the rest is either really cold or really hot but at least a project can be worked on outside.

RIZ
Old 01-03-2012, 12:55 PM   #18
motornut
78K & 79C Jimmys

we've been lucky here
storms have been missing us
mostly rain,normally we have more snow by now
we had +5 C and rain Newyears day but this am -30 with a windchill....
motornut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #19
Cue-Ball

I hate winter too, but it's a good chance to get some stuff done. Over the winter break I was able to lower my truck, change my belts, clean my pullies, check my plugs, and do some other small work. In addition to that, I did two full sandings of my Camaro that's fresh from the paint booth. Pretty productive, if I do say so myself. You have to force yourself to be motivated and do stuff now so that when the nice weather rolls around everything is finished and you can just sit back and enjoy!

I should be thankful for my unheated 2-car garage, but what I wouldn't give for a big, heated shop packed with tools.
Cue-Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #20
THE "10" SILVERADO

Its sometimes fairly cold in the winter (and by Texas cold I mean 20 degrees). When it's that cold I just borrow my step-dads jet engine looking diesel heater. That heats up our shop in about five minutes