The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-01-2012, 01:41 PM   #1
Bjones

Another new guy here

i joined back in september, but have just been reading previous threads to figure stuff out. Now its time for me to stop being troll and introduce myself.

I just bought my first gm. I has a 99 f150 that i sold for the down payment on our house, then i bought a 01 f150, which i sold to get the wife her new Dodge. After all that, I told her the next vehicle i buy is mine forever. SO i bought something old enough that it cant be traded in for a new car. (hehe)

I found this puppy on craigslist. A guys told me that he restored it back in 98, drove it 2002, then parked it in a barn until Sept 2011, when i bought it for 2800. May over overpaid, but didn't care. here is what i know of it so far"

1971 GMC c25, 305 4bl, th350, 4.11 gears, dual straight pipes with headers and no freakin radio so when i drive it down the highway at 65 (3300 rpm) it freakin annoying.

But anyway, my name is brian, i am electrician by trade and figured if i can rebuild an electric motor how hard can rebuilding one of these be. I'm about to find out cause it starts in April as soon as it warms a little.
Attached Images

Bjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
suspect

Re: Another new guy here

i suppose i don't relate to you when you say it's annoying without a radio. through all the years and vehicles i've had, (mustang, silverado, camaro, vette, c10) the majority of the time i will turn off the radio so i can enjoy the sound of the engine and exhaust.

anyway, it looks like you have a real nice truck to start a build with or just plain enjoy how it sits. welcome and good luck.

Romans 10:13 Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
suspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #3
Bjones

Re: Another new guy here

i was suprised when i picked he up. No body rust at all beside a little on the driver door. (alot of rust underneath, can't stop that in SoDak) I think it should be a pretty easy restore
Bjones is offline   Reply With Quote