The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-13-2012, 07:42 PM   #1
purzell

Really need help here with carb adapter-please!

Guys, a while back I posted issues I was having with using the Mr. Gasket 1937 with my Holley 4412 carb. I returned that adapter to Jegs, after a lengthy conversation with a customer service guy who was an old time mechanic with knowledge of my motor (351e V6). This guy recommended the TransDapt adapter part number 2039 for Holley 2BBL-Rochester Manifold.

Note, the original carb on my truck when I got it was a Rochester 2-Jet. Well I now have this new adapter in my hand and the bolt pattern is all wrong.

The re-stocking fees are killing me guys. Can ANYONE help me out with which adapter is the correct adapter for my intake? I have attached a photo of my intake if that helps.

Again the truck is a 1966 GMC with the 351e V6.

Thanks in advance for any help.
purzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:43 PM   #2
purzell

Re: Really need help here with carb adapter-please!

sorry, he's the pic.
Attached Images

Old 01-13-2012, 07:53 PM   #3
purzell

Gah! Seconds later...I am dumb. Read the box and they sent me the one for the large 2 barrel manifold. Ordering the small one. Hope that fixes it.

Ignore me guys.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:29 AM   #4
WorkingMan's 64

If you can't get it figured out I could take a look at my 305E, the guy who had if before I got it put a adapter plate and has a 600 or 650 holley on top and is only running the primarys. Sounds getto but I haven't messed with it yet cuz it acutually runs pretty good. But if you get stumped I could see if there is a number on the adapter I have.
WorkingMan's 64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:04 AM   #5
MusicMan70

Did you change out your intake manifold? I thought the 351E's had a trapezoidal base like this one...which would require a different adapter. Is the block stamped 351E?
Attached Images

Old 01-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #6
purzell

Yes, it's a 351e. What I have been told on this forum is that there are two intakes, a later and an earlier. The trapezoidal base is on the earlier one. Mine is the later one, not requiring the modifications shown on Jollys page. The Mr. Gasket adapter bolts on just fine, it was just a feature of the adapter that it has slots for the allen bolts that go into the head, rather than a nice flush hole. There isn't much meat at the bottom of the adapter slots for the allen heads to bite onto and no room for a washer (not that one is provided.) When I used the Mr. Gasket the allen heads ate right into the adapter and I couldn't get a tight fit, thus the vacuum leak.

If you take a look at the Mr. Gasket adapter on the page where you found that photo you can see that it is different looking from the Mr. Gasket adapter that you get now, under the same #1937, from Jegs or similar.

Last edited by purzell; 01-14-2012 at 04:45 PM. Reason: forgot something