The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-14-2012, 09:44 PM   #1
jocko

ochre and/or ochre-white exterior: INTERIOR questions

For the yellow truck crowd out there - am curious if cheyennes and cheyenne supers could be had with black interior. Only asking because I've never seen one...

OR - did it depend on whether or not the truck was two-tone ochre+white? i.e. THAT got you white, and the all-yellow trucks got black.

OR - did it depend on trim level i.e. Cust Dlx, Cheyenne, Cheyenne Super, etc..

I know you could order about any wacky combo you wanted, so I'd love to see some different interior combos for ochre trucks.

Reason - i'm looking at a 72 solid ochre truck - will need a new interior. I believe it is SUPPOSED to have a white interior - and that would look great, but I'm a bit more of a black interior kinda guy because my dog is always kinda dirty! So since starting from scratch, am considering black - and the only interiors I've ever seen in a Cheyenne or Cheyenne Super were always white houndstooth bench, solid white buckets, or Saddle (i.e. the only FACTORY combos I've seen, that is - I realize lots have added houndstooth buckets, etc that look really nice too).

Anyway, would love to see your pics (and when you post, pls let me know if the truck is solid ochre or some ochre/white combo).

C10 King, I know you've got a few of these....

Thanks all - jocko
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: ochre and/or ochre-white exterior: INTERIOR questions

You could get any available color interior with any available color paint.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:48 PM   #3
DANTIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
For the yellow truck crowd out there - am curious if cheyennes and cheyenne supers could be had with black interior. Only asking because I've never seen one...

OR - did it depend on whether or not the truck was two-tone ochre+white? i.e. THAT got you white, and the all-yellow trucks got black.

OR - did it depend on trim level i.e. Cust Dlx, Cheyenne, Cheyenne Super, etc..

I know you could order about any wacky combo you wanted, so I'd love to see some different interior combos for ochre trucks.

Reason - i'm looking at a 72 solid ochre truck - will need a new interior. I believe it is SUPPOSED to have a white interior - and that would look great, but I'm a bit more of a black interior kinda guy because my dog is always kinda dirty! So since starting from scratch, am considering black - and the only interiors I've ever seen in a Cheyenne or Cheyenne Super were always white houndstooth bench, solid white buckets, or Saddle (i.e. the only FACTORY combos I've seen, that is - I realize lots have added houndstooth buckets, etc that look really nice too).

Anyway, would love to see your pics (and when you post, pls let me know if the truck is solid ochre or some ochre/white combo).

C10 King, I know you've got a few of these....

Thanks all - jocko
Cheyenne Super can only have Black interior with Bucket seats. There was no factory black houndstooth bench seat. Otherwise, Black interior could be ordered with Cheyenne/bench seat.
DANTIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:44 PM   #4
Livrat
Member #1049

How about an interior halfway between parchment and black, My solid Ochre Cheyenne Super with saddle interior.
Attached Images

Livrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:53 PM   #5
cadillacart
1972 C/20

Mine has Parchment and Black two tone interior. I'll try and find some pics.
cadillacart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #6
MattPSU

My interior is black now. I think it might have been brown at some point as the headliner was brown and has been dyed black. I think the seat was black vinyl and gray hounds-tooth but that was dyed black as well. May or may not be original. The door panels are replacements, but the truck came with the original aluminum wood-grain inserts which were rough. Not sure if that helps or not, but at least here's a picture of an Ochre/White truck with black interior.
Attached Images

1972 Chevy Cheyenne SWB - Build: Porterbuilt State 1 Front & Rear, Bolt in Notch, McGaughys 2.5 Drop Spindles, Boyd Welding Fuel Tank

UPSTATE SC GM TRUCK CLUB: FACEBOOK WEBSITE
MattPSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:35 PM   #7
special-K
Special Order

Dan is correct. There was no black houndstooth (Cheyenne Super) interiors. Buckets were all vinyl.

Here's a '71 GMC Deluxe (base) in Ochre w/Black interior:
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 01-15-2012, 06:25 PM   #8
jocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANTIP View Post
Cheyenne Super can only have Black interior with Bucket seats. There was no factory black houndstooth bench seat. Otherwise, Black interior could be ordered with Cheyenne/bench seat.
Thanks Dantip - but I'm not sure I agree with you completely. I realize black houndstooth was not an option, but I didn't mention that. However, black interior with buckets is certainly not all that was available in a Cheyenne Super, even if you're talking about just the ochre or ochre/white trucks. In a 72 Super, only parchment, blue, and olive were the factory houndstooth options (for a bench seat only) - and one could also order all-vinyl buckets. There are a tons of parchment interiors out there in original cheyenne supers (ochre, and ochre/white combo trucks as well as in red or red/white combos) that are all original, have the SPIDs - could have buckets in parchment vinyl only (i.e. no houndstooth) and benches in parchment houndstooth.

So I guess I'm a little confused by your statement that Cheyenne Supers could only have black interior with buckets. Or are you saying black CARPET with WHITE buckets for an ochre truck?? Just not sure what you meant - thanks for posting though.

Anyhoo - I still haven't seen any pics of - a black bucket seat interior in an ochre (or ochre/white) Cheyenne/Cheyenne Super. That's what I'm really trying to track down in this convoluted thread. I do realize it COULD be ordered, but I've never seen one. By your comment Dantip, ALL of them should have exactly that (black bucket?). (Thanks for the saddle one! That is a combo I had NOT seen in buckets, looks real nice).

Thanks again for all the posts.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:31 PM   #9
jocko

Thanks very much SpecialK - that combo IS one I'd expect to see - black bench in a Cheyenne (non-Super) - and it gives me a good idea what a black bucket interior would look like in an ochre truck, so that helps a LOT!

While I always hear that any color interior could be ordered in any truck - the literature I have says that for a "SUPER" - the only interior (seat) color options were blue, olive and parchment (for a bench seat). It goes on to say that buckets could be ordered in the same colors. Now - Livrat's interior would seem to prove that documentation (original 72 sales brochure) incorrect - having that great looking saddle interior. So, I too tend to believe that any interior combo could be ordered if the customer wanted it. But still looking for that elusive pic of a black vinyl bucket seat Ochre Cheyenne Super.... the search continues.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:00 PM   #10
special-K
Special Order

You misunderstood Dan. What is is saying is the only way to get a black interior in a Cheyenne Super was with bucket seats. The same would be true with Saddle. Cheyenne Super can only have a Saddle interior with buckets. Or,the only way a Cheyenne Super can have a Saddle interior is with buckets. The Cheyenne Supers could have any color available in a Cheyenne,but only if bucket seats were ordered.

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 01-15-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:19 PM   #11
jocko

GOT IT!!! Thanks for clarifying Special-K. And thanks Dan, now I completely understand what you were saying. It was a case of me putting the emPHAsis on the wrong sylLABle..... Copy all and I agree with you both. So a black bucket seat in a Super COULD have been ordered from the factory. Thought that was the case - but just never have seen one - was curious how it would look. (ok, ok, I know - it'd look just like an ochre truck with a black bench seat, but with buckets....
Old 01-15-2012, 09:23 PM   #12
DANTIP

Oddly, I do have a photo of a SPID of a Ochre/White Two-tone '72 with black interior and bucket seats. Enjoy!
Attached Images

DANTIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:14 AM   #13
special-K
Special Order

You'll find the Ochre with Black interior more often in a K/5 since they a came with vinyl seats

Tim

Old 01-17-2012, 12:34 AM   #14
jocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANTIP View Post
Oddly, I do have a photo of a SPID of a Ochre/White Two-tone '72 with black interior and bucket seats. Enjoy!
WOW! Hey DANTIP - I don't suppose you have a pic of that actual truck, do you? Would love to see it, especially the interior. Looks like the glove box is black(?)

Cool, thanks for posting.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:19 AM   #15
sameyrasmea72

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
WOW! Looks like the glove box is black(?)

That's true. I would say almost 1/4 of all Cheyenne Supers had a black glove box door reguardless of the paint or interior color. Same is true with the A/C balls housing.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:05 AM   #16
jocko

thanks - I always wondered about that - I've seen several cheyennes with black glovebox doors that were very original "looking." I think they were original after reading your post. Personally, I think it kinda balances out a black Cheyenne instrument cluster quite nicely. (i.e. cheyenne black on both sides is balanced, super wood on both sides is balanced). I guess I like balanced things.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:04 AM   #17
special-K
Special Order

Are you saying you're into bisymmetry?

Tim

Old 01-17-2012, 10:16 PM   #18
jocko

I think. Hey, waaaaaiiittt a minute...