The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-16-2012, 05:01 PM   #1
mxsurfer184

86 gmc sierra classic 1500 swb

Hey all, been on the site for a bit. Did my first mod to the truck (no name yet) this past weekend. My father is a retired gm master mechanic and his old boss had this truck he used on his land to haul hay for his cattle and just general farm use. I bought the truck for $1500. I put $400 in new front and rear brakes right off the bat. We also did a carb rebuild on it and it ran like a top. I have some leaks and squeeks but for the most part it's a solid ride. Right now it's my daily driver so I'm not going to get too crazy with the build just yet. But my girl friend wants a convertible so when we get that I'm going to take her car (04 mazda 6) and have that as my dd so that I can do the big ticket items on the truck. I'm really excited about it.

all stock 305/350

since this picture i did a black roll in herculiner

it has the rear step bumper on it. I originally wanted to put the sport bumper on it but I'm liking the step bumper more and more.

this was after this weekend

front: 3in spindles with 1/4 of a coil cut off the springs.
rear: flip kit with no other mods needed.
mxsurfer184 is offline   Reply With Quote