The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-23-2012, 08:22 PM   #1
belowme51

Accuair Exo Idea's

So if you have two Accuair 3gallon tanks 2 444c compressors, a complete elevel kit along with all the needed EXO brackets to mount the tanks and compressors where and how would you do it? The valve will not be included in the EXO mounts. Would like to keep in the rear section where the aux tank is but well open to options....the bed floor is being raised 9" to clear the Porterbuilt notch. Let me know what you would do.

Thanks
belowme51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #2
jimmydean

Re: Accuair Exo Idea's

I am not using the EXO mount, but something I am building that is similar. When I was going to use the standard Porterbuilt notch, I was going to mount it behind the notch and in front of my fuel cell, under the raised bed.

But now that I am using the C4 rear, i have no idea.
Dropmember front
Dropmember rear
Corvette discs
Restored raised bed

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=4295210
jimmydean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:24 PM   #3
dv8customs

As nice as that stuff looks, put it in the bed right behind the cab
dv8customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:01 PM   #4
belowme51

the truck will be driven quite a bit so I didnt want to put it in the bed so some fool can come mess with it or take it.....I was thinking about doing something like Skunkwerks did with his bed where it opens up like a toneau but still have the raised wood bed. I wont have a fuel cell so its all open real estate out back except the two frame supports. and batterys that are mounted on the outside of the frame rails.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #5
brandy hickman

Get a toolbox that sets in the bed, paint it to match the truck. Install exo in the toolbox.
Might need a vent, just cut a small hole facing the cab
Posted via Mobile Device
brandy hickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:16 PM   #6
tubbedII
needs more $$$

Or even have a locking plexiglass box so you can still show it off...those pieces are really nice...
Old 01-29-2012, 06:05 PM   #7
belowme51

the plexi would be cool...would have to think that one out...good idea
Old 02-01-2012, 08:37 PM   #8
belowme51

still no ideas... its a tough one...been staring at this stuff a while now and can decide how i want it....i think i might just make some stand offs from the frame out to the exo brackets but make one shorter than the other so its like a step up from the tankts to the valve plus that will give some places to hide wires and put all the components in one area. Id like to put them at an angle tilting upward towad the center of the bridge but would take some fab time to do that one...the other i can just make a quick jig for and once painted it should blend right in. but unfortunetly ill need to cut out some of the pb notch to mount the front stand offs. it would give kind of that floating effect to the tanks and compressors hardlined in copper and brass polished fittings it will look nice with the black accuair tanks, I might even pull the valve and mount it to the exo as it was intended but will need to get another ring to do that so thats 5 rings for those who want to run two 3 galllons and incorporate it all together... if this works maybee some others my want the same....we will see.....acccording to some people my "budget" wont allow me to accomplish what I want to do but I wont mention any vendor names
what do you guys think of that idea
Old 02-01-2012, 09:33 PM   #9
tubbedII
needs more $$$

IMHO... Sounds like a lot of work to hide such expensive pieces...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #10
belowme51

I agree with you and what we have decided to do is when all said and done the raised wood bed will raise at the similar to a toneau cover to expose the balck half(for shows) but also to protect all the $$ underneith it when using daily. its being hardlined because I want something that is mainly worry free but will have an emergency kit just in case of failure. problem is out in vegas you cant leave nice stuff like that in the back of your bed either accuair, battery, or even a nice shovel in open view or it will come up missing guarenteed. so it allows me to drive it around and still show it with good intention. its mainly a driver but being built as a show truck....why build it if you cant drive it right? the wheels and misc items will temp theives enough but leave something bolted in the bed and it shall be missing. if someone wants it they will take it no matter what I do...but thats why I keep every reciept and pay my insurance company so they will replace god forbid a problem like that.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:45 PM   #11
chapster

Hey Belowme51,

I just purchased the Exo from American Pastimes (great guy's) and my plans are to put it into the rear bed but I would like to do something with linear actuators to have a show cover. Haven't figured it out yet......lol
1967 GMC shorty Parts Pile: NoLimit, Accu Air, Kore 3, Matts Classic Bowtie, March Performance, Lokar, ScottsHot Rods, Vintage Air, American Auto Wire, Circle D, Accu Air, Borla, Budnik, Ididit, One Piece Windows, Doug Thorley, Pypes, AutoLoc, Porterbuilt, CPP, Dynamat, Dakota Digital, Fesler

1968 Chevy c10 shorty Stepper (Patina LS project)
1967 gmc custom Long Box (Farm Truck Project)
chapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:17 PM   #12
belowme51

so question, for the guys with either the 5 gallon exo kits or the dual three gallon kits would you rather have the tanks sit from the top of the frame rail or lower if your running a rear tank. if its above at least you can add a boyds tank if below than no tank option. im building this for me right now but maybee some interest sense there isnt a mounting kit for them yet. Ill have mine complete sunday and post pics which will be two 3 gallons from the top of the frame to the exo bracket. I may buy one more tank ring from ORT so I can mount my vu4 there instead of the bridge to keep it a little closer instead of the bridge.....also this will allow me to hide the wires thru the mount to the frame mounted optimas. im working 6 days right now but sunday is all mine and the steel shop here I come ...a jig, some welding and maybe even a cool gusset or two. just wait and see. pm me if you want progress pics or may be interested in having the same thing, nothing is for sale trade barter bargan etc etc...I will post if it ever become that in the propper section...right now its just some ideas being tossed around. I dont believe in paying 120 hr for fab work.