The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-01-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
grs

Gas tank filler hose.

Are LMC fuel filler hoses, and the vent hoses any good. They are about $20.00 each. Ac Delco cost about double , but they may be a lot better. What do you think? I bought the fuel pump tank seal from Rock Auto for $6.70 plus $2.04 for shipping. It is an AC Delco.
grs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #2
THE "10" SILVERADO

Re: Gas tank filler hose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
Are LMC fuel filler hoses, and the vent hoses any good. They are about $20.00 each. Ac Delco cost about double , but they may be a lot better. What do you think? I bought the fuel pump tank seal from Rock Auto for $6.70 plus $2.04 for shipping. It is an AC Delco.
None of mine worked. I made sure I ordered everything right and then I checked the numbers on the packets when I got them to make sure they were what I ordered. Everything was right but both the vent and filler hoses were about 4" short. I had to go to O'Rielly's and get generic cut to fit hoses.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #3
grs

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE "10" SILVERADO View Post
None of mine worked. I made sure I ordered everything right and then I checked the numbers on the packets when I got them to make sure they were what I ordered. Everything was right but both the vent and filler hoses were about 4" short. I had to go to O'Rielly's and get generic cut to fit hoses.
Thanks. The hoses should have bends in them also. Did the LMC hoses have bends in them? And LMC should give your money back, and also pay the freight.
grs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:17 PM   #4
wilkin250r

I ordered an LMC filler and vent hose a few months back, but due to the construction of my truck, my experience may not be typical. I've got a 79 cab, but a 84 front clip, and a few other years thrown into the mix here and there, no idea on the year of the bed and/or tanks. I may have ordered the wrong year, because I had to trim a couple inches off my filler tube. I can't recall if I had to trim my vent tube as well, but if so, it was only minor surgery. Everything fits like a glove now, all the bends are in the right place, I'm not dissapointed.

But this was also fairly recent, so I really can't give any input on longevity.
wilkin250r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:22 PM   #5
Johnny Merder

The ones I recieved from them were GM and correct for 1979 with dual tanks.
Johnny Merder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #6
THE "10" SILVERADO

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
Thanks. The hoses should have bends in them also. Did the LMC hoses have bends in them? And LMC should give your money back, and also pay the freight.
Yes the vent had a 90 degree bend and the filler did too. Just way to short.