The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-01-2012, 09:07 PM   #1
Texasupton1

My 83 Project.

Well I have asked enough questions, I guess I better post on the project. This truck belonged to my Lt. Col. cousin in the Air Force. This truck has been in SC, AK, NC, Alabama, MS, and now TEXAS! It has been setting for 3 years in the bushes in Alabama. I told my cousin I wanted this truck if he ever sold it. I use to drive it back in the 90's when we lived at Andrews AFB. Well here is it $700 and it was all mine. I sold an AR15 to finance it. Traded 2 more AR's to get it running. All it needed was I new distributor, plugs, belts, hoses, thremostate, starter adjustment and all the smog crap pulled off and it fired right up. I have since replaced the carb, pulled the cat and put dual Thrush Welded, re-furbed the bed, sanded the outside rust off, new tank, new sending unit, new horn, radio, amp, eq, speakers, antenna, wiper blades, seat cover, new oil, new shocks, found some junk yard tires and rims, put some carpet in, a small console, a little diamond plate and it is a daily driver. 12 mpg so far.
Attached Images

Texasupton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:12 PM   #2
Texasupton1

Re: My 83 Project.

Here are a few more photos. The dash repair project took a crap. Fixed the cracks, cleaned, covered with bedliner.....all is good right. Nope. Sprayed the paint on and it melted the bed liner off and bubbled up. Im just going to get the plastic cover and be done with it.
Attached Images

Old 02-01-2012, 10:04 PM   #3
J Knight

Real nice especialy for $700, BTW You can send the white round eye shorty to my house in Baytown TX if you want it out of your yard, LOL.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:08 PM   #4
Texasupton1

That truck is most likely headed for scrap. That photo is in Alabama. That is a 78 I think with a 72 or 73 cab on it. My drunk cousin flipped it about 20 years ago and it has sat ever since. THe motor is good but the TH350 is shot in it. If I can get back over there, I am going to try and get as many parts off of it as I can. It has alot of rust I think.