The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #1
old Chevy guy

Cabs for patch panel cuts

I have several cabs that I'd like to get rid of that may or may not have pieces someone could use as patches . Theres not really to many outer floor or rocker parts but there are some hump sections that are pretty good. Dash and firewalls roof etc. Let me know what you need and I can get some pictures and prices. these pictures are a 68,if you see something else you want let me know.
Attached Images

old Chevy guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:17 AM   #2
loosecannonzs

Re: Cabs for patch panel cuts

I need area for passenger side of truck. And I need the top cut to be alittle higher up to where the trim piece is. I might be interested in the driver side also.

Shipped to 33021
Thanks, Ron
loosecannonzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:28 AM   #3
tanman722001

What would you want for this peice?

1993 Chevy S10 Blazer 4dr 4.3 Vortex/Auto
tanman722001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:40 AM   #4
bondo510

do you have a uncut radio section?
bondo510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #5
oklalawnboy

I'm looking for an inner cab piece on the left side. From left pillar to say the length of the sunvisor. Will try and post a pic of what I need later today. Thanks.
76 Monte Carlo
83 Chevy short wide Silverado
96 Mazda Miata, 2000 Allegro Bus
oklalawnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:37 AM   #6
old Chevy guy

Loosecannonzs do you want just the skin or the door jamb and latch part also? I sold this peice from the other side of this truck but have others dedending on how far they need to extend around the back,some of the others have small dents on the back. Tanman That piece should be good. Basicly your just looking for a good clutch rod hole? Would it be worth $20 plus the ship? which is probably between 10 and $15 closer to $10 I suspect. Bondo510 I do have radio sections give me a better idea how big a piece you want. Oakalawnboy if your looking for the inner roof where it meets the windshield I dont think I can help with that, the only truck I have that that piece is good is this 68 pictured and I brought that here to cut that very piece out of for my truck. Let me know exactly what you want and Ill look again, I have 3 more up the road I can look at too.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:49 PM   #7
oklalawnboy

Oakalawnboy if your looking for the inner roof where it meets the windshield I dont think I can help with that, the only truck I have that that piece is good is this 68 pictured and I brought that here to cut that very piece out of for my truck. Let me know exactly what you want and Ill look again, I have 3 more up the road I can look at too.[/QUOTE]

That is the piece I'm looking for. Thanks for answering. I guess I'll order the aftermarket one.
76 Monte Carlo
83 Chevy short wide Silverado
96 Mazda Miata, 2000 Allegro Bus
oklalawnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #8
old Chevy guy

Bondo510 here is a picture of a radio section I have. I could cut at the oval holes at the top and left of the radio at the instrament hole. It already been cut at the glove box. Its in perfect condition except the small surface rust spots under the radio hole that should sand out.You can have the whole center section for $30 plus shipping its from a 72 in case it makes a difrence .Loosecanonzs This a picture of a corner section let me know better exactly what you want cut,would you go $30 plus ship? Tanman Heres a picture of the piece I will cut.LMK if that looks good to you.
Attached Images

Old 02-07-2012, 07:25 PM   #9
loosecannonzs

As for the cab passenger side I need the jamb and skin. From the bottom seam (rocker area) to the top seam (about even with the door window) and I would like it to wrap around 1" - 2" past where the bed meets the cab. The original picture I highlighted was incorrect.

I also need some of the firewall.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #10
loosecannonzs

Guess I fail at posting. The top picture was meant to be this one.....
Old 02-07-2012, 07:29 PM   #11
loosecannonzs

Wow! Forgot to say that on the Drivers side I only need the skin, but from rocker seam to same top seam and wrapping atleast 1" past where the bed meets the cab.

Thanks and sorry for the spam posting....
Old 02-07-2012, 08:37 PM   #12
old Chevy guy

Loosecanonzs I can do the corner as marked just be aware that below the lower body line the corner is pretty rotted,you should be good as far as your line in that picture. I can take another picture that shows that all the way to the bottom if you need me to. If that one dosent work there is another one out there we can look at. I'll see what I have as far as drivers corners,a few have small dents I dont know what you can settle for. The piece you outlined on the drivers side firewall all looks good,are you mostly looking at the top of the cowl ? I can take closer picture tomorrow also. The passengers side has a hole just below the bolt hole where I think its the cowl bolts down. I will have to dig into the other truck to see that area tomorrow also. I have 3 more but there not here now,hoping to bring them here soon. I can get stuff from them but have to drive around 12 miles to get there.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:43 PM   #13
dcasalena

got any rear slider glass? Been looking for one up this way for quite a while.
How about a driver side floor patch from front of the seat riser to about the kick panel?
dcasalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #14
loosecannonzs

If the Passenger side bottom corner below the line is rotted (I can see rust in the picture) it is fine. If the Drivers sides have small dents but no bad creases it is fine also, I just dont want rust holes or badly pitted metal.

I'm real busy at work until Friday or Saturday so I'm not sure if I can pull my cowl until then. I can just see bad rust bubbles on my firewall just above where the "gutter rail?" is. Take closer pictures of the firewall area you have so I can decide on those as well.

Thanks, Ron
Old 02-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #15
DD1

If Bondo does not want the radio section, I may be interested. Let me know. Thanks.
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:30 PM   #16
old Chevy guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcasalena View Post
got any rear slider glass? Been looking for one up this way for quite a while.
How about a driver side floor patch from front of the seat riser to about the kick panel?
No slider glass, sorry. Floors are pretty bad in all these cabs I'll double check but I dought it. You can buy that new for under $50 I'm pretty sure.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #17
old Chevy guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosecannonzs View Post
If the Passenger side bottom corner below the line is rotted (I can see rust in the picture) it is fine. If the Drivers sides have small dents but no bad creases it is fine also, I just dont want rust holes or badly pitted metal.

I'm real busy at work until Friday or Saturday so I'm not sure if I can pull my cowl until then. I can just see bad rust bubbles on my firewall just above where the "gutter rail?" is. Take closer pictures of the firewall area you have so I can decide on those as well.

Thanks, Ron
I'll get more picture and wont send anything till we know everything, so we can ship altogether
Old 02-07-2012, 09:36 PM   #18
old Chevy guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD1 View Post
If Bondo does not want the radio section, I may be interested. Let me know. Thanks.
If he does take it I have more and some whole dash panels
Old 02-08-2012, 12:10 AM   #19
DD1

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Chevy guy View Post
If he does take it I have more and some whole dash panels
Thanks! I don't need a whole dash panel, but could use a radio panel. I really only need the rectangular area around the radio. If you could send some pics of the others you have, that would be great.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:21 AM   #20
old Chevy guy

DD1 I might have to run up the road to where some other trucks are kept so it may be a day or more till I can get there in the daylight.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #21
DD1

Thanks! No rush, really. It's going to be a while before I get to fixing that. Got way more important stuff to work on first. Don't make any special trips for me. If you are going that way, then great. Otherwise it can wait until you are going for something else.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:42 PM   #22
old Chevy guy

Loosecanonzs Here are the cowl firewall pictures for the drivers side. The passangers side on a diffrent truck I have here looks like it could be good but Ill have to take some stuff off to get a better look and or pictures. if you figure what you need of this try and mark up the new bigger picture with cut lines if you can. DD1, will do,thanks
Attached Images

Old 02-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #23
loosecannonzs

Good news is I finished up my job and will have time to take my cowl off tomorrow and give you the cutout dimensions I need. I will take pictures of my cowl area and highlight the area I need for my Passenger side. For the Drivers side I will use your provided pictures.

I should have an answer before Noon tomorrow.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #24
Rochlow

I need a section about 2" above and below the seam that connects the toeboard and the floor board from the kick panel into the hump on both driver and passenger side.
Rochlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #25
loosecannonzs

Ok cancel the Passenger side cowl/firewall area.

Here is a picture of the Driverside. Cut from gutter seam to cowl seam close to windshield.