The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-09-2012, 07:06 PM   #1
Arl37

How do I adjust TV Cable on this setup

1969 C 10 305 with 700r4. Just installed a 600 CFM Holley 4 barrel and Edelbrock Performer manifold. I installed the Holley bracket on the carb that is supposed to give the correct ratio between accelerator post/rod and TV post/cable. Asked AAmaco if they could adjust and they said they didnt have records for this setup so they couldnt do it. Forum seems to have some stuff on how to adjust but it all looks pretty carb and trans specific so I thought I would just ask the question.
Arl37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:47 PM   #2
hugger6933

Re: How do I adjust TV Cable on this setup

Push the "button" on the big part of the cable just where the bracket snap is. Once the button is depressed push the inner portion of the cable assy [where the cable come out and hooks to the carbis a inner lining looking part]back towards the bracket. That will tighten the cable. Now, by hand crank the trhootle open to the WOT position. The cable lining should clickseveral times and come out a good bit . That is supposed to be correctly adjusted. I don't know why the trans shop did'nt do this for you or at least tell you, maybe they either don't know themselves how to work on the "old" stuff or maybe they are just jerks. Now do you know what the trans came from? if it was a truck your ok, but if it is from something else you may have trouble with perfect shifting. I had a 350 tbi I put into a s-10 once that came from a G20 and the gov was different and made the shifts late because of the weight of the van compared to the truck Yon can move the inner part of the cable in just one click or out one if the above adjustment doesnt get dead on
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:26 PM   #3
dukcaln

pretty much it......
Old 02-10-2012, 12:12 AM   #4
Arl37

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-10-2012, 12:19 AM   #5
Arl37

Mine is a little different . It has a snap that I pull out to unlock the sleeve. then im told to pull the sleeve out. Then wot .While WOT push sleeve back in and push the snap in to lock the sleeve in place. does this sound right?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #6
hugger6933

If you unlock it and pull it out, no tension will be on the TV cable. I think you and I are backwards instead of pulling out try pushing in
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote