The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-09-2012, 11:43 PM   #1
jocko

hey, look at this ebay cheyenne and tell me if I'm missing something here....

It has 4 bids on it and is at $6100. Apparently the reserve is met...?? Holy cow, now I know this will get bid up higher - but why take that risk?? If suddenly people stopped bidding, this seller would completely screw himself... Or he's so confident it will get run up high - and it probably will, but why risk it? it's a nice short fleet ochre/white.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1972-...19bfd639#v4-41
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:27 AM   #2
sbc10guy

Re: hey, look at this ebay cheyenne and tell me if I'm missing something here....

9600 now, but yah what a nice truck, i wouldn't take the chance.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:54 AM   #3
oldschool18

Re: hey, look at this ebay cheyenne and tell me if I'm missing something here....

alot of guys will get a friend to bid on it so he can get the price up and have a low reserve. OK heres a Q?........these trucks and blazer whith a nicely done restoration go for lets say 15k to 25k that blazer roush did topped out on ebay at 45k, now a camaro same years or close to it go on BJ auction and top out way over 100k......now i dont understand how people can ask the prices they do for some of these trucks and blazers, I have seen them stripped down no drive train rusted out and there asking 4 to 5 k for them when there is no return you would have more in it then what you would prob ever get back out of it if you had to sell it.

62 Impala
70 C-10 LWB
71 K-10 SWB
85 C-10 LWB==SOLD
01 2500 HD

Members Met......2003Silverado (Dave)
oldschool18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:28 AM   #4
VA72C10
VA72C10

A lot of times guys have friends bid up the auctions to a set price...then if it gets to the last day and the top bidder is still a friend and/or the price isn't where they want it they will pull the auction and start it over...
Old 02-10-2012, 07:05 AM   #5
special-K
Special Order

You don't have to do anything crooked like have a "buddy" bid a vehicle up. You can just "pull it" near the end if it's not going your way. This seller didn't,but you can say the vehicle is being offered for sale locally and you reserve the right to end the auction early. This will also get interested parties contacting you and making offers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool18 View Post
alot of guys will get a friend to bid on it so he can get the price up and have a low reserve. OK heres a Q?........these trucks and blazer whith a nicely done restoration go for lets say 15k to 25k that blazer roush did topped out on ebay at 45k, now a camaro same years or close to it go on BJ auction and top out way over 100k......now i dont understand how people can ask the prices they do for some of these trucks and blazers, I have seen them stripped down no drive train rusted out and there asking 4 to 5 k for them when there is no return you would have more in it then what you would prob ever get back out of it if you had to sell it.
Why ask why? Some people would rather have a truck than a Camaro...like me. In my eyes they are vehicles I love,not investments.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #6
oldschool18

special k I sooner have a truck than a camaro too, and to me my truck is my truck. but if i was going to sell it i would be able to get what i paid out of it. the point was how can people ask such high prrices on trucks when the truck is in such poor shape?

62 Impala
70 C-10 LWB
71 K-10 SWB
85 C-10 LWB==SOLD
01 2500 HD

Members Met......2003Silverado (Dave)
oldschool18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #7
BuiltwithIvy

and there were a lot more trucks made than camaros, and I can drop 100k into a camaro without blinking an eye, the truck is a little harder(not by much, well if i had the money)
"To speak of the art of one loom, the art of one river, the art of one tractor, or the art of one automobile is not preposterous; it is to point to the size and importance of the gap between general knowledge and situated knowledge" - James C. Scott
1969 C10 - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=492064
1930 Tudor Sedan
BuiltwithIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #8
screamin_c10
I dun gradjiated collij!!!

Nice looking truck... however with the scams that are run on Ebay and Clist and the fact that the seller has 0 feedback I would be very hesitant to shell out hard earned cash on this one...
screamin_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:07 PM   #9
jocko

good catch on the feedback, I didn't see that. But then again, any ebay gold or red or something star ratings gotta start somewhere. Special K and the rest - interesting, I hadn't thought of some of the scams, or not-so-scammies, that you mentioned people run. Probably happens all the time and I never even realized it. Hmmm. One born every minute.

This guy at least deserves the benefit of the doubt. But, personally, I LOVE that ebay is a great sales venue, however I wish they would just make sellers list NO RESERVE and the sellers would show the starting price at their lowest selling price. That way - if folks want to bid it up - they can have at it if it's worth it to them, the seller never gets less than they want, and the rest of us clowns would stop wasting time watching things that will never sell. My 2 cents, but that would remove the incentive of many of the scams.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote