The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #1
67ChevyC10Pickup

New guy from North Dakota

Hi All my name is Aaron and im from Grand Forks ND currently deployed overseas, in the process of trying to buy a 67 C10 If any one can give me some pointers what to look out for things of that nature. Anyways im looking forward to joining this community and share the common intrest of some of the FINEST TRUCKS EVER BUILT!
67ChevyC10Pickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:37 PM   #2
Toshab

Re: New guy from North Dakota

First off, thanks for your service, and I don't mean that lightly. Because of your courage all of us here get to have this hobby.

I'm partial to '67 C10's...but only on account of I own one and can't stop drooling over it

My advice: if you find one and can afford it, snag it (of course, use good judgement on whether or not you're getting the shaft). I average about 1 guy a week knocking on my door asking if they can buy mine. A lot of them offering very tempting offers.

It all depends on what you want to go with. You want something you can fix up yourself, or do you want to do minimal work? You want as close to original as possible, or lots of modifications?

You've come to the right forum for guidance. Best on the web.
Toshab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:55 PM   #3
67ChevyC10Pickup

I was going to attach some pictures but if you go in my profile and look at my profile pic thats the truck im considering buying he wants 500 bucks for it LOL it was his dads and has been sitting in the barn for a couple of years and he was going to restore it for his dad and chose not to and now wants to get rid of it i THINK it has a 283 in it not too sure at this point but for 500 bucks i mean really... i can see from the pictures he sent me that it will nee rockers but as far as that it seems to be in pretty good condition for an old farm truck... and as far as serving no worries we can just say it runs in the family my grandfather did 30 years my dad did 22 my cousin has been in for 6 and i have been in for almost 6 and plan to do 20 myself! its fun at times and sucks at times but hey thats every job right
Old 02-25-2012, 07:12 PM   #4
Toshab

I'm not sure there's a model pickup like this out there that doesn't need new rockers. If they don't, it's because somebody already put new ones on. For the life of me I can't figure out why GM put a cut of metal that holds water right there.

$500 doesn't seem like a bad price at all. Is it running? The 283 is a sweet motor. I bought my '67 thinking it had a 283, but thanks to this forum I found out the old man lied to me (or he was lied to before he bought it) before I started ordering parts. You can watch that unfold here: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=500888

When do you come home?
Toshab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:08 AM   #5
67ChevyC10Pickup

The truck has been sitting for about ten years the last time it ran or was on was 98 which is fine by me I want to put either a 350 in it if I get it or a 5.3L I've always liked the 5.3 for some reason. He is going to see if the motor is free but again it doesnt really matter to me I plan on having this truck for awhile. My dad had an old car that we were supposes to build 64 Chrysler new Yorker but he sold it awhile ago, so I'm looking for my Chrysler that I can. Have when me and the old lady have kids. I should be back in may or June.
Posted via Mobile Device