The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #1
ddp

Anyone have a dash pad from gmcpauls.com?

Has anyone purchased a dash pad from gmcpauls.com recently? If so, are you happy with it? If it was dark green (by chance), how close is the color to other 71 dark olive interior pieces?

Thanks.
ddp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #2
flashed

Re: Anyone have a dash pad from gmcpauls.com?

I didnt get my dashpad there but have bought other items ,their customer service is second to none.
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #3
davepl

I've heard good things, but I think you want to deal with them you should pick up the phone. I've sent inquiries via email a couple of times with no response, which isn't uncommon among companies rooted in cars rather than tech.
davepl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:58 PM   #4
ddp

Thanks for the feedback. I have purchased other parts from them over time and they are a good vendor. Actually, they only communicate via email now and I have no problem with that. I've gotten prompt replies from them.

I'm looking for some feedback on the dash pad specifically.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:09 AM   #5
PAWS 72

I'm in no way trying to bash anyone here,call me old school if you want but when I see something on the internet I want to buy, if they don't have or won't speak to me in person on the phone, I don't buy from them.
That being said. I know alot of people would rather set at the computer and buy rather than pick up the phone.Thats the reason your credit card or debit card gets hacked, so called secure or not I'M not going to do it.
PAWS 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:09 AM   #6
CC69Rat

Not trying to hijack, but I am an IT Infrastructure Admin for a fortune 250 company here in Chatt, specializing in security.

Just a suggestion. Open an account at your bank, as a secondary account (ex. not your main checking account) Ask them to issue you a debit card on this account with no overdraft. Whenever you want to buy something you can login to the bank's website to see both your accounts and just do an account to account xfer for say $300. (enough to cover what you want) As soon as it hits, clears the account get whatever you want .. and you have say $.12 left ? .. who cares if it gets hacked or someone steals the number off the card.

.. just sort of a median between you and the thieves. That's what I do anyway. this way you can buy online and not put your big fat $10k+ limit credit card out there for people just to go crazy with.

I agree, you gotta protect yourself .. but there are ways around it.

1967 C10 SWB - Project Savannah - 6.0/4L80 *Currently underway*
1968 C10 SWB - TOTY 2018, 50th Anniversary Tribute Project * Sold * Pride and Joy
1986 Silverado Short Fleet - Scarlet *Sold*
1985 Silverado Short Fleet *Sold*
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted, Built
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted
2013 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe 6spd (wife's ride)
CC69Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #7
ddp

I appreciate everyone's input but I'd like to get back to the original question. Has anyone purchased a dash pad from gmcpauls.com and were you happy with the quality? Or has anyone purchased a dark green dash pad from any vendor and did you think the color was reasonably close to the rest of a dark olive interior?

Thanks.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:57 PM   #8
JamesRKing72

I haven't ordered one yet, but will eventually in blue (probably from Classic Chevrolet Parts here in OKC). I have read other people saying that the color will vary from vendor to vendor. And, even then if you order your green now from gmcpauls, next year the same pad would be a slightly different green. It's kinda like paint chips, there are millions to choose from and every can will be a slightly different color. :-/ But it will look better than the one I have in three pieces. lol -James

The Blue Jay build thread-
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=516989
JamesRKing72 is offline   Reply With Quote