The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #1
bbadfred
bbadfred

LS engines with drive by wire cruise control

Who has drive by wire cruise control and what switch did you use? I am looking for a small flat panel switch rather than turn signal switch. Or could a aftermarket switch like a Rostra or audiovox be adapted?
bbadfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
bbadfred
bbadfred

Re: LS engines with drive by wire cruise control

Never mind! Called Rostra directly and got great service. Switch# 250-3593 will work> have a speartech harmess with the drive by wire wires added.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #3
Hart_Rod

Post an update when you get it installed.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:52 PM   #4
bbadfred
bbadfred

The very first test drive will be after glass is instaled next sat if all goes well it wil be tested then! Pictures and video will be posted if I ever figure out how to post videos!

Last edited by bbadfred; 03-17-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:19 PM   #5
bbadfred
bbadfred

Well its almost two years later and have 4,000 trouble free miles on my LQ9/4L65 setup but still no cruise!! I Have a speartech drive by wire harness with cruise wires provided in the harness. drive by wire works fine. (all other functions work flawlessly)
. I wired it up according to rostra instructions (switch # 250-3593)and I cannot get it to work. I have the later brake light switch. After searching the forum again I do not see a solution? I do have Led brake lights lenses with 1157 plugins. Any one have sucess, suggestions? thanks Fred
Attached Images

Old 09-05-2013, 07:59 PM   #6
Daaaanz67

Don't know which switch that is, go to the ls section and search dbw cruise or ls cruise lots of info there. Also led lights require an extra load placed between the brake light switch and tail lights something like a resistor or I've seen ls1 nova use just the coil side of a relay for the extra load / resistance. You could contact ls1nova member he's great when it comes to c/c. My problem was an incorrect adjustment on the brake switch causing the cc to not work.
Posted via Mobile Device
Daaaanz67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #7
bbadfred
bbadfred

thanks Daaaanz I will look it up. My led tali lights/brake lights work fine because I still have regular bulbs in my front turn signals. I just don't know if the brake lights have anything to do with the cruise except that the brake switch cancels the cruise? I will look thru the forum again( I searched for a hr or two before I reposted.)
Does any one have a wiring diagram? Does the led brake/tail lights control anything other than the switch disengages the cruise?
i read all the post and several said that they were going to use this or that switch. or heard that this or that worked?
I gues i probably sound frustrated? I AM OLD SO BE PATIENT!! I even thought about installing a drive by cable throttle body so I could install and aftermarket cruise control!!!!!

Last edited by bbadfred; 09-06-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:00 AM   #8
Daaaanz67

Read this post, ls factory cruise hook up. Talks about led brake lights. The lever in this thread is what I used. Its a four wire i believe if your lever is three wire it wont work with dbw. Bought it from ls1 nova who is in this thread. Don't give up on the dbw to go with dbc. Contact ls1nova71 and you won't be pulling out your hair.
Posted via Mobile Device
Daaaanz67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #9
ls1nova71

Just happened to see this thread. Your Rostra switch might work if its anything like Dakota Digital, only the dash mounts will work.. But youve already answred your own question, its your brake lights. The TAC module needs to see a ground through the brake light circuit upon first start up or the cruise won't work. LEDs don't have enough resistance for that to happen. As a test you could replace your brake lights with the factory 1157s, that should fix it. To keep your LEDs you need to load the circuit. You can do this by putting a light bulb in the circuit coming off the switch directly, like you would if you were running a 3rd brake light, tap it into the wire that is hot when the brakes are applied, I'm pretty sure its the white wire. As Daaanz67 said, I have a relay wired into mine and its enough to make it work. Hope this helps. If you have any other questions just ask and I can walk you through it, its actually a pretty simple deal.
Posted via Mobile Device

5.3 swap into my RUSTY '71 C10
http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...71-c-10-a.html
ls1nova71 is offline   Reply With Quote