The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #1
OldJimmy57

Need some rear suspension suggestions.

OK like the title says I need some rear suspension suggestions. First I will give some information on the truck it is a 1957 Chevy 1/2 ton with a 2004 Crown vic front suspension. I have a 2000 ford explorer 8.8 rear end with 3.73's and a trac-loc. I currently have a 68 trailing arm rear suspension that I am trying to install in the truck. I think it is the route I want to go but I am fishing for some pro's and con's on this rear end verses say a 4 link. Main issue I am trying to work around are the wheel sizes. I am going to run 20x16 wheels and the trailing arm rear gives me a little clearance verses the 4 link taking up valuable real estate on the outside of the frame rail. So just needing some info. any advice would be very helpful.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:57 PM   #2
Wvgearhead

Re: Need some rear suspension suggestions.

I am running a wish bone setup. Which is basically a triangulated 4 link. I have the upper and lowers inside the frame. If you search some of the builds, you will find a couple with setups inside the frame rails. Leevon has a really slick setup using the trailing arm setup. If you havent seen his build, you probably should check it out. He has a AD truck, but it may give you an idea. Hope this helps a little.
Posted via Mobile Device
Wvgearhead is offline   Reply With Quote