The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-31-2012, 11:16 PM   #1
Hellbent
Don't blame the messenger

Cab Corners - Why God why?

I ordered some new cab corners from the Car and Truck shop months ago. Never bothering to really closely examine them. I have been working on rebuilding the passenger side rockers, floor and pillars for the past two weekends. Finally see the home stretch- just the cab corner left to do. I pulled it out and started prep realizing- there is no 90 degree flange turning it back into the jam... What the? They are key parts corners.
Are they all like this? Does anyone make a corner that turns back into the jam?

On the Level
Just a guy with a hammer and a grinder. OH!, and an HOA- enough said...: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=372525
"Some drink from the fountain of knowledge while others just gargle."
Hellbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:16 AM   #2
dbstepside

Re: Cab Corners - Why God why?

not that i have come across. i have tried 3 different companies and all the same. i also have 3 sets in shop right now that came with trucks and those dont either. i figure they are all cookie cutters unless someone makes them that way and sells alot more then nobody will change.
dbstepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:51 AM   #3
schurg

do you mean where the cab corner wraps around the rear pillar area? if so then I know that someone does make them with that 'flange'. I ordered a set from dreamershotrods.com and they wrap around the doorjam. if that's not what you mean, then I'm curious what part you are talking about.
schurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #4
mbgmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbent View Post
I ordered some new cab corners from the Car and Truck shop months ago. Never bothering to really closely examine them. I have been working on rebuilding the passenger side rockers, floor and pillars for the past two weekends. Finally see the home stretch- just the cab corner left to do. I pulled it out and started prep realizing- there is no 90 degree flange turning it back into the jam... What the? They are key parts corners.
Are they all like this? Does anyone make a corner that turns back into the jam?
triplus all have the flange. I have never seen a cab corner that did not have one.Unless I missunderstood. post a pic. all ones we get from keyparts have flanges
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote