The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-07-2012, 09:51 PM   #1
padresag

a C60 is not

a large truck, but a medium duty truck. they share quite a bit with the light duty trucks
ron
padresag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:29 PM   #2
scotts62
One day...

Re: a C60 is not

Ok im lost..

93 crew cab build
Project 62
scotts62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:11 PM   #3
padresag

there are so many things that get moved out of here that are related. the c60 thread got moved out to the big truck section wherever that is. C60 are medium duty trucks. still runs on hydraulic brakes.
ron
Old 04-08-2012, 12:13 AM   #4
Pop's C-10

oooooook
Pop's C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:45 AM   #5
tincan1966

there's a big truck section??
tincan1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:41 AM   #6
72freak
Rottenwood Garage Member

Fishing Pole?
1972 Chevrolet C-20 Custom Camper "Dump Truck"
1972 Chevrolet C-20 Suburban "Big Green"
1969 Chevrolet C-50 Wedge Hauler "Leonidis"
1966 C-10 2x4 short fleet 327 4 speed "Race Truck"
1952 Plymouth Cranbrook "Rican" (my grandfathers)
1931 Ford Model A Coupe "Black Beauty"
1930 Ford Model A truck "Club Cab" 4x4

Rottenwood Garage and Speed Shop.....where everything must be racy!

It's not just a hobby..It's a LIFESTYLE!!!

Thanks for nothing Barrett-Jackson

You cant fix stupid or teach accountability!

Time wasters, looky Lous and tire kickers are everywhere!
72freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:34 AM   #7
powerdriver 1958
Kid's Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by padresag View Post
there are so many things that get moved out of here that are related. the c60 thread got moved out to the big truck section wherever that is. C60 are medium duty trucks. still runs on hydraulic brakes.
ron
There is a test thread in Site Feedback and Announcements . The title of the thread is "BIG" truck forum C/40, C/50, C/60 and the like..."

It was started to gauge interest , To see if it would have enough traffic to warrant having a big truck forum .

The original poster started his thread here then posted in the big truck thread . I have to assume (because I have not talked directly with him) he did that to give himself the best chance to get his question answered .

As with all subjects , They will be moved to the proper place . In this case it was a big truck thread .

I agree there are parts that interchange , But with the knowledge you display you will have to admit there are "Big truck only" parts . Wheels , hubs , brake systems , size of components that will never relate to the C 30 and under trucks .

In most cases even the intended use of the truck is different . I hope this helps explain the move .
powerdriver 1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #8
C10 - C90 Bill

I'm still waiting for an actual Big Truck forum. Even though they are techincally not "All" Big Trucks, anything from a C-40 to a C-90 forum would be nice. It could even be all years of Chevy and GMC's from 1 1/2 Ton and larger. ...Even if it was just a trial run. I believe it would hold it's own as well as being informative, helpful and fun to boot.

Bill
C10 - C90 Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #9
padresag

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerdriver 1958 View Post
There is a test thread in Site Feedback and Announcements . The title of the thread is "BIG" truck forum C/40, C/50, C/60 and the like..."

It was started to gauge interest , To see if it would have enough traffic to warrant having a big truck forum .

The original poster started his thread here then posted in the big truck thread . I have to assume (because I have not talked directly with him) he did that to give himself the best chance to get his question answered .

As with all subjects , They will be moved to the proper place . In this case it was a big truck thread .

I agree there are parts that interchange , But with the knowledge you display you will have to admit there are "Big truck only" parts . Wheels , hubs , brake systems , size of components that will never relate to the C 30 and under trucks .

In most cases even the intended use of the truck is different . I hope this helps explain the move .
please do not get me wrong. I am not against change; yet these things do get moved away from people that can answer questions to them, who may never visit a thread stuck away somewhere not related to the era of these vehicles. while inc in the regular thread it is the interest which may pull one to read the thread , while isolated seldom gets viewed except for the diehards
there is a crossover or integration of parts between light and medium duty trucks. there is also the individual relationship of members participating in both levels of trucks.
alternatively it could be individually attached as a separate entity such as projects. from my point of view though , I seldom go into the projects part. reason; as one does at one point reply to a thread that you were interested in, you are subscribed, so then one is informed of anything new in your emails, which comes through my phone and you can eliminate it there, but the projects column is close by so that one can easily respond if one wants.
I do see a priority of what gets moved such as eng threads depending on who posts them sometimes, but I never see a chopped up frame thread moved to suspension though.
I see quite a disparity of threads being moved(not to say that the selling threads or whatever it is worth shouldn't be moved, or nit would become contaminated with them). But what is frustrating is something that one replied to or was interested in and one comes back to it the next day and it is gone. eg: if someone heard about the big truck thread and came to this forum from the outside of here , how would the find it? If it was contained within the specific eras(60-66) would make it visible to whomever
regards
ron
Old 04-09-2012, 02:31 PM   #10
A.T. RockDriller

Quote:
Originally Posted by padresag View Post
please do not get me wrong. I am not against change; yet these things do get moved away from people that can answer questions to them, who may never visit a thread stuck away somewhere not related to the era of these vehicles. while inc in the regular thread it is the interest which may pull one to read the thread , while isolated seldom gets viewed except for the diehards
there is a crossover or integration of parts between light and medium duty trucks. there is also the individual relationship of members participating in both levels of trucks.
alternatively it could be individually attached as a separate entity such as projects. from my point of view though , I seldom go into the projects part. reason; as one does at one point reply to a thread that you were interested in, you are subscribed, so then one is informed of anything new in your emails, which comes through my phone and you can eliminate it there, but the projects column is close by so that one can easily respond if one wants.
I do see a priority of what gets moved such as eng threads depending on who posts them sometimes, but I never see a chopped up frame thread moved to suspension though.
I see quite a disparity of threads being moved(not to say that the selling threads or whatever it is worth shouldn't be moved, or nit would become contaminated with them). But what is frustrating is something that one replied to or was interested in and one comes back to it the next day and it is gone. eg: if someone heard about the big truck thread and came to this forum from the outside of here , how would the find it? If it was contained within the specific eras(60-66) would make it visible to whomever
regards
ron
Wow ron....I'm gettin a little dizzy.
Last time I saw this thread I think it had been integrated into a different thread....about HD/MD trucks...and now it's back here on its own again.
I posted a thread beggin management for the same thread you're talking about.
I agree with your comments.
BTW....You sure must be a good typer...That's a lot of words for a Monday mornin..
'66 GMC 4000...351C, 5&2
A.T. RockDriller is offline   Reply With Quote