The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-18-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
gramps77

dash pad clips for an idiot

First, allow me to share that I'm an idiot. I threw away my old dash pad cause it was completely gone and as I threw it in the dumpster, noticing the metal clips thinking I wont remove them cause Im SURE they'll come with the new dash. OBVIOUSLY they don't.

Question is, do the clips work for all 73-87 dash pads. I noticed in LMC they mention 79-80 then 81-87. Am I missing something?
gramps77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #2
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Re: dash pad clips for an idiot

which clips do you mean?? the clips im thinking of are part of the pad and slide in by the edge

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:33 PM   #3
vegas80step

I used part # 30-0569 on my 80.. they worked fine... but do yourself a favor and order 12... so when you break 5 you can still get your dash pad in with out having to wait to reorder more... (like I did)
Old 04-18-2012, 01:15 PM   #4
gramps77

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas80step View Post
I used part # 30-0569 on my 80.. they worked fine... but do yourself a favor and order 12... so when you break 5 you can still get your dash pad in with out having to wait to reorder more... (like I did)
Rusty C10, we're talking about the ones that look like they are part of the dash like you're saying.
Thanks Vegas step, thats what I figured. I wouldnt think that part of the dash would be that different. In the LMC catalog, the years they do list all have that same part number you mentioned.
although now that Im thinking of it, how did you break metal clips?
gramps77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #5
vegas80step

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps77 View Post
Rusty C10, we're talking about the ones that look like they are part of the dash like you're saying.
Thanks Vegas step, thats what I figured. I wouldnt think that part of the dash would be that different. In the LMC catalog, the years they do list all have that same part number you mentioned.
although now that Im thinking of it, how did you break metal clips?
they have these little tabs that latch onto the dash pad.. I had a hell of a time getting them on.. every other one would snap the little tab off...

I tried to bend the tabs down very very carfully.. snap... it's not too bacd.. but for the price order extra...