The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-29-2012, 01:10 PM   #1
footbraker

70 c10 best headers? Or way to route plug wires

I have a 70 c10, 2wd, 350, automatic. Have hooker headers but the way the first tube comes up and over the rest of the tubes, makes plug wire clearance tight on my straight plug heads. Headers hug the block too much to run the wired underneath.

Anyone with similar headers give me tips or pics on how to route the wires? Or pics of better clearing headers?
Posted via Mobile Device
footbraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:40 PM   #2
Flint70step

Re: 70 c10 best headers? Or way to route plug wires

I was running headmans on my 70 swb stepper.I know what you mean about the number 1 tube being tight to the block.Here is what I did.I bought a cheap set of MSD street wires for $40.They were cut to fit wires that came with the crimping tool and ends.I ran all my wires down below the headers for a clean look(I can't stand plug wires over valve covers).Taylor sells a kit that uses little brackets with a thru bolt that replaces a valve cover bolt to hold wires.For wires 1 and 3 I used one of those bracket on my oil pan rail to get the wires away from the intrusive #1 header tube.Also,on your block just below the head deck surface the are two holes on both sides of the block that are the same bolt size as the valve cover bolts and these brackets work good there as well.I don't have any pics of this set up and I have already taken the motor out of my 70 for a frame up rebuild.I would run them under the headers if at all possible,it looks great and I got a lot of compliments on a clean looking engine bay.I'll gladly point you in the right direct if you want some help gettin there.Be good man

72 Custom Deluxe Burb(Arizona truck)Nice interior
Great patina

Project Patina Azul http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=467668
Flint70step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #3
Flint70step

Re: 70 c10 best headers? Or way to route plug wires

Clear Image makes some very nice headers specifically for our trucks.They are not cheap but the quality if first rate.I got a smokin deal on the coated ones from board member Hart_rod.Thanks again Rob!!Let me know if I can help

72 Custom Deluxe Burb(Arizona truck)Nice interior
Great patina

Project Patina Azul http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=467668
Flint70step is offline   Reply With Quote