The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-08-2012, 12:36 AM   #1
1956chevtruck

Surplus Stuff

I went to a swap meet/mini car show yesterday and before I went I thought what the heck, I may as well take some stuff and try and sell it. So I put down a bunch of tarps and blankets and loaded up the old boy and headed off (those two bumpers that have been sitting in the dirt beside the house for the past 2 years, 4 boxes of stuff from in the crawl space and various other bits). The bumpers sold and at least 2 boxes of stuff and I have $300 cash in my pocket. Free enterprise is AWESOME!
These guys would have been proud of me!
Attached Images

1956chevtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:55 AM   #2
mr48chev

Re: Surplus Stuff

Years ago that was how I got about 75% of the money that I spent on my projects.

I've gone to several swap meets with a load of excess pieces and only enough cash to pay the space fee and went back home with parts for my project and usually some cash in my pocket.

I need to see if I have enough stuff worth taking to the local swap meet to warrant asking for the day off next month. I sold a bunch of stuff there last year and need to go through the sheds and cull out stuff.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote