The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-09-2012, 10:10 PM   #1
Andy4639
Old member

Cool Trailing arms moded!

This came off of the CPP website. Never seen arms done this way before. It's on a car setup but should work for a truck also I would think.

I'm looking at these arms now for mine since I've herd nothing back form any of the vendor's here yet.

http://www.earlyclassic.com/catalog....railing%20arms

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #2
big_al_71

Re: Trailing arms moded!

I have the ones from early classics for three years and they are nice..
Attached Images

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #3
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
This came off of the CPP website. Never seen arms done this way before. It's on a car setup but should work for a truck also I would think.
Those are the same truck-arms CPP has always offered. I don't see anything on them that looks new/different.

For the money spent, Porterbuilts are better.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #4
54Caddy
GM Addicted

SCOTI i think he is talking about how there is a shockwave mounted too them thats what i got from it

My 73 GMC Truck Build Pic
2010 Silverado 4/6 on 24s

IG:MacsGarage
54Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:03 PM   #5
Andy4639
Old member

Question Re: Trailing arms moded!

Quote:
big_al_71
I have the ones from early classics for three years and they are nice..
I thought that's what I remebered you using.
Your the reason I'm doing all this to mine man. I love the stance and look of the mistress.
I think I'll call them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Those are the same truck-arms CPP has always offered. I don't see anything on them that looks new/different.

For the money spent, Porterbuilts are better.
U need to look closer then,
I don't know what you have been looking at but I've never seen a air bag/air shock mounted to the shock plate like that. The factory shock plate doesn't have a hole in the flat metal as shown. The factory shock is mounted on the side lip of it.

Porter Direct's arm's will not work as is with my setup. I have the NoLimit shock relocator on mine that has the shock coming off the back side of the arm. There is no mount on there for this to work since the u-bolt doesn't go all the way through.
They are a $150.00 more also, but that's not the issue. I would rather buy them but I want something that will not require grinding the powder coat off as soon as I get them and welding it.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=522351

I called Porter Direct a week ago and haven't herd anything since I talked to Dave. He assured me he would get back in touch. I have asked 3 times on here about them and no responses yet either.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.

Last edited by Andy4639; 05-10-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #6
Andy4639
Old member

Cool Re: Trailing arms moded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54Caddy View Post
SCOTI i think he is talking about how there is a shockwave mounted too them thats what i got from it
Correct, that is what I'm looking at. I wonder did they buy the plate with the shockwave as a kit are made them?

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 05-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #7
54Caddy
GM Addicted

best thing you can do is go to porterbuilts website man and just call and text him he will respond much quicker. But he will now have dave call you or just directly ask to talk too nate. i will txt him and ask him too chime into this thread. He could build what you are looking for.
Here is Nate's number
480-326-6303

My 73 GMC Truck Build Pic
2010 Silverado 4/6 on 24s

IG:MacsGarage
54Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #8
PBFAB.COM

Quote:
I thought that's what I remebered you using.
Your the reason I'm doing all this to mine man. I love the stance and look of the mistress.
I think I'll call them.

I don't know what you have been looking at but I've never seen a air bag/air shock mounted to the shock plate like that. The factory shock plate doesn't have a hole in the flat metal as shown. The factory shock is mounted on the side lip of it.

Porter Direct's arm's will not work as is with my setup. I have the NoLimit shock relocator on mine that has the shock coming off the back side of the arm. There is no mount on there for this to work since the u-bolt doesn't go all the way through.
They are a $150.00 more also, but that's not the issue. I would rather buy them but I want something that will not require grinding the powder coat off as soon as I get them and welding it.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=522351

I called Porter Direct a week ago and haven't herd anything since I talked to Dave. He assured me he would get back in touch. I have asked 3 times on here about them and no responses yet either.
Patience is a virtue.

Dave has been waiting for me to look into this further to see what we need to do to make it work... then get back to you. You are on the list, he's just waiting on me. Good news is that I am sure we can cook something up for you... bad news is that there is a line a mile long right now. I dont have a No Limit shock relocator to mock up or measure off of... but we do already have a relocator kit that works in harmony with our trailing arms.

Give us a few more days, and check back in with us first of the week. We don't always get to see every single thread on the forums, so the best bet is to give us a call back if you start getting anxious. We are the busiest we have ever been right now, and doing our best to get back to everyone.

Nate

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Supporting this forum since 2003!
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:06 PM   #9
Andy4639
Old member

Quote:
best thing you can do is go to porterbuilts website man and just call and text him he will respond much quicker. But he will now have dave call you or just directly ask to talk too nate. i will txt him and ask him too chime into this thread. He could build what you are looking for.
Here is Nate's number
480-326-6303
Yes I agree 100% with this.
That's what I did exactley. Dave said it shouldn't be a problem at all and would call me back with a answer, I haven't herd from anyone on this since. I even posted it in there direct post for the company on here and they repleyed to several other post and just skiped over mine.
I'm not in no big hurry but you know it just seems odd they answer everyones question and just skipped mine.
Here is the link. 2nd page
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=504478&page=3
I'd just like to know if they can or can't so I can move forward with my plan.
If they can great if not I need to know so I can find another set. Which I have already but don't want to buy them and then they call a say ok there built.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 05-10-2012, 08:08 PM   #10
PBFAB.COM

Quote:
Here is Nate's number
480-326-6303
That is my personal number, and whenever I get a text or voicemail on that number that relates to Porterbuilt items, I just forward it to Dave. If it is something he needs help with he comes and gets me to ask for clarification or information right away. If it is something that needs to be handeled by me, it goes on my "to do list". I do my best to work through that list as quickly as I can, but going through Dave is much more efficient these days, as he will come and ask me directly... if you go on my "to do list" it may take several days, depending on the priority.

I spend most of my day in the shop on product development and project work, so I am not as accessible as I used to be. I still check in on the forums frequently, and chime in whenever I can. Porterbuilt Direct is the sales side, and we also just launched Porterbuilt Brand to help with marketing and branding on the forums as well.

As I mentioned, we are SUPER busy right now and doing our best to respond to everybody. Sometimes things will slip through the cracks, but we do our best to avoid that from happening. If you get a little anxious and want to hear our voices... just give us a call back.

Nate

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Old 05-10-2012, 08:13 PM   #11
PBFAB.COM

Quote:
[B][COLOR="Red"]I haven't herd from anyone on this since. I even posted it in there direct post for the company on here and they repleyed to several other post and just skiped over mine.
I'm not in no big hurry but you know it just seems odd they answer everyones question and just skipped mine.
We didn't skip you... just didn't have an answer for you, still don't.

Definitely not trying to put to off... we want to help and are doing our best to make everybody happy.

I wish I could clone myself, but last time I tried it didn't pan out so well.

Like I said in a previous post, shoot us a call on Monday and we will see what we can come up with.

Nate

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Old 05-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #12
Hank Stewart

Although, I haven't dealt any directly with Nate, Dave has helped several times via email and over the phone in the past three weeks. i have found their replies spot-on
Hank Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:29 PM   #13
Andy4639
Old member

[QUOTE=porterbuilt; If you get a little anxious and want to hear our voices... just give us a call back.
Nate[/QUOTE]

OK thanks for the reply,
Not anxious at all man, I just wanted to know what you and Dave decided!
I don't want to keep bothering you with calls if it's not neccassry.
Dave assured me he would get back in touch with me I even gave him my number.
I know how it can get sometimes.
I just wanted to know if what Dave and I deccussed last week was doable.
I'll call Monday.

Thank you

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Last edited by Andy4639; 05-10-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:56 PM   #14
PBFAB.COM

Quote:
OK thanks for the reply,
Not anxious at all man, I just wanted to know what you and Dave decided!
I don't want to keep bothering you with calls if it's not neccassry.
Dave assured me he would get back in touch with me I even gave him my number.
I know how it can get sometimes.
I just wanted to know if what Dave and I deccussed last week was doable.
I'll call Monday.

Thank you
No worries at all Andy. And please don't take any of my comments in a negative manner towards you.

I just want to help clarify our situation to everybody who might read this and express our dedication to helping every individual who requests our assistance. We are a small operation, doing our best to satisfy the demand, while keeping the quality and service to the level expected from us (it isn't always an easy task).

Multiple calls don't bother us one bit. In fact, it's much more enjoyable than finding posts on the forum that make it sound like we are ignoring people... as that couldn't be further from our intentions. Sometimes things slip through the cracks, it's an unfortunate fact. Sometimes it just takes a little while for us to find the solution/information requested. In a situation where somebody feels like they are waiting too long to hear back from us, shoot us a call. We don't ignore anybody (even the ones we really want to ignore).

Talk to ya Monday!
Nate

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Old 05-11-2012, 07:45 AM   #15
SCOTI

Quote:

The arm is the same tube/plate construction it has been. How the spring is attached in that pic is what was different. Since it is an attachment under the TA & a separate part vs the arm, my comment was based on that.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote