The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-21-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
Big Blue

87 Suburban seats, 87 truck?

Hi everyone, Got a question.
Will 87 suburban front seat (buckets) fit into a 87 truck?
I plan on cutting out the brackets from the floor. I can get the seats,consol, dash cluster plus small thing for 75.00. I think its a good deal.
Seat will have to be redone.

Thanks John

STILL Working on a frame up: 1987 Truck body on a 78 Blazer frame. Need cab blasted to start project. Got the cab BLASTED, Now Prep and Paint. Started to lay SOME BONDO and primer. Done, Ordering paint. Got paint, Stuff painted,Cab,Fenders, Hood more later. 9/7/2015 Got the clear coat on,now time to take one off. Started to put things back (What a nightmare) like the heating and AC stuff,inside wire harness, outside AC unit and booster, still more. May 2016, still working on the inside. Got duck work in,heating and AC. Radio (stock) in dash with after market in console later, Speaker are hooked up, Steering column is in. Getting ready to drop the cab onto the frame, Working on engine now since I have the room. Well here it is 2018, got the engine in and it runs, now I need to get the exhaust system in so I can adjust the lifters, to loud right now. Got the exhaust on now I am waiting for the break parts to come in.
Big Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:51 PM   #2
RandyP
Getting Old; Going Broke

Re: 87 Suburban seats, 87 truck?

Will fit like a glove at a very nice price!
When the going gets tough, switch to power tools.
RandyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:44 PM   #3
Big Blue

Thanks Randyp, I going to get as much as I can from the sub. Suburban is really beat up not much to pick from, so I'll get what I can.

Thanks Again for the info, John

STILL Working on a frame up: 1987 Truck body on a 78 Blazer frame. Need cab blasted to start project. Got the cab BLASTED, Now Prep and Paint. Started to lay SOME BONDO and primer. Done, Ordering paint. Got paint, Stuff painted,Cab,Fenders, Hood more later. 9/7/2015 Got the clear coat on,now time to take one off. Started to put things back (What a nightmare) like the heating and AC stuff,inside wire harness, outside AC unit and booster, still more. May 2016, still working on the inside. Got duck work in,heating and AC. Radio (stock) in dash with after market in console later, Speaker are hooked up, Steering column is in. Getting ready to drop the cab onto the frame, Working on engine now since I have the room. Well here it is 2018, got the engine in and it runs, now I need to get the exhaust system in so I can adjust the lifters, to loud right now. Got the exhaust on now I am waiting for the break parts to come in.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:58 PM   #4
Big Blue

Question Re: 87 Suburban seats, 87 truck?

Trying to post pictures, get this message. What hoppon???

John

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Old 05-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #5
Big Blue

Just bringing it to the front. Can someone tell me why I got this message when tying to post pics????

John

Old 05-29-2012, 05:17 PM   #6
Big Blue

Mods, could you move this to GD. Looks like I am not getting a responce here. Maybe I asked in the wrong section.

JOHN

Old 05-29-2012, 08:41 PM   #7
Big Blue

Go To try and post pics one more time. Here goes.

Got the seats, they need some loving care, but for the price I could not pass them up. The brackets are different then bench bracket in the rear. I was thinking about cutting a small notch and bending them up then welding the cut to make it stronger. Is there any way to swap the bench brackets (the part that has the locking notches over to the bucket brackets?? I also got the center brackets. See pics below.

John

YEA,IT WORKED THIS TIME.......................................
Attached Images

Old 05-29-2012, 10:58 PM   #8
motornut
78K & 79C Jimmys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
Go To try and post pics one more time. Here goes.

Got the seats, they need some loving care, but for the price I could not pass them up. The brackets are different then bench bracket in the rear. I was thinking about cutting a small notch and bending them up then welding the cut to make it stronger. Is there any way to swap the bench brackets (the part that has the locking notches over to the bucket brackets?? I also got the center brackets. See pics below.

John

YEA,IT WORKED THIS TIME.......................................
would the bench brackets fit if you drilled holes in the bucket frame
thats what i did to put 89 burb seats on 78 jimmy bases

PS try makeing your pics smaller,and you won't get that post error
motornut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:18 AM   #9
Big Blue

Thanks motornut, Could you give me more details on your suggestion.
Are you saying mount the bench rail onto the buckets?

As you can see the bench lays flat and the bucket has an arch.

Thanks, john

Old 05-30-2012, 06:45 AM   #10
motornut
78K & 79C Jimmys

lined them up drilled it
bars are 16 inches apart
i noticed the seats can be reversed
pass for driver,and driver for pass
changes the wear pattern

changeing the base may make the difference up with the seat height
Attached Images

motornut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:55 PM   #11
Big Blue

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

John