The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #1
crawdad

FREE To A Good Home

Hey folks. I've recently moved into a new home and the previous owner evidently was a Chevy truck lover like all of us.
Anyway, I don't know why, but he left several parts in the garage that belongs to, what looks like a 1957 Chevy Stepside. Looks like a complete front grill that is in very nice condition. A grill emblem and several other emblems that are all in nice conditon. Both left side and right side steps for the bed, used but in real good condition, not bent etc. Window channeling for both doors, used but seems to be in good condition. There are also a few other miscellaneous parts laying around that go either to the engine or transmission. I know there are two powerglide dust covers, one metal, the other chrome.
I haven't any use for any of these parts and would be willing to let someone have them if you come and get them. I live in Ludowici, GA (south georgia).
I know some of you guys could use these parts. I imagine it's too far to drive for you yanks, but if you live down in these parts, you're welcome to them. Just drop me a email or PM if interested.

2012 Silverado LT 1500, 5.3, 6 speed auto
'86 SWB C-10 Silverado
crawdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #2
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Re: FREE To A Good Home

Sorry, off subject but I saw Ludowici, GA and being an ole-timer trucker, I couldn't help but to think of Charlie Douglas and The Road Gang.
http://fleetowner.com/management/new...o-creator-1201
You may be too young to know who he was.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
63 & 64 Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:19 PM   #3
danheit

Hey man, I'm definatley interested in the window trim and the emblems, ESPECIALLY the rear steps! PM me with your number and I might see if I can't drive down sometime next weekend.
danheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:46 PM   #4
OrrieG

Is the grille emblem definately 57? I am looking for a 59 V8 one.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:50 PM   #5
crawdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63 & 64 Bowties View Post
Sorry, off subject but I saw Ludowici, GA and being an ole-timer trucker, I couldn't help but to think of Charlie Douglas and The Road Gang.
Actually I remember that radio show very well. I didn't drive a truck, but I remember tuning in the station and listening. I didn't know Charlie was from Ludowici. No wonder he moved up North.

'86 SWB C-10 Silverado
Old 06-02-2012, 10:51 PM   #6
OrrieG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63 & 64 Bowties View Post
Never heard him, but remember being excited when I got stationed in El Paso and found I could pick up KOMA out of Oklahoma. Growing up in Oregon west of the Rockies it was a great urban legend about how cool the music was. There was also a Mexican station out of Juarez that was doing some pretty cutting edge stuff that you could hear all the Central US. My wifes family was in Kansas and I ended up at Ft. Hood in east Texas and could still pick up the same stations. I remember many a long night on road trips listing to KOMA.

We now return you to your regular programming (thread)!
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:52 PM   #7
crawdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrieG View Post
Is the grille emblem definately 57? I am looking for a 59 V8 one.
I'm pretty sure it is. I'll try and post a pic of the emblems and all the other stuff tomorrow.
I remember that one of the chrome pieces had 3100 on it.

'86 SWB C-10 Silverado
Old 06-03-2012, 07:12 AM   #8
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawdad View Post
Actually I remember that radio show very well. I didn't drive a truck, but I remember tuning in the station and listening. I didn't know Charlie was from Ludowici. No wonder he moved up North.
He talked about his experiences in Ludowici a lot in his skits. I had been through there many times before I learned from his show how to pronounce Ludowici. I'd say that most people who aren't from there pronounce it wrong like I did.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
63 & 64 Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:06 AM   #9
Russell Ashley

In the 60's Ludowici was a well known speed trap for people coming through town. The local sheriff sat at a side street and controlled the red light in the center of town. This is the truth, he would change the light to red with virtually no yellow between green and red, then issue an expensive ticket for running the red light. He actually stopped the Governor of Georgia one night and locked up his driver. The governor had large signs erected on each end of town warning that Ludowici was a speed trap. The Gov was Lester Maddox.
Russell Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:24 PM   #10
andyd00

I'm interested in seeing the grill and the grill emblem. If the grill is in better condition than mine, Id be more than willing to pay shipping and packing costs.
andyd00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:04 AM   #11
sqrlnts

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd00 View Post
I'm interested in seeing the grill and the grill emblem. If the grill is in better condition than mine, Id be more than willing to pay shipping and packing costs.
If you get that grill let me know, I am needing a 57 grill as well. I might be interested in your old one as all I have now is a 56 grill. Thanks.
sqrlnts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:58 PM   #12
crawdad

Thanks guys. Had a guy PM me the day I posted and showed up at my door the next afternoon.
He said all of the stuff was 57 and he took it all. He seemed to be a happy camper when he left.
Glad someone could put it to good use. Thanks to all.

'86 SWB C-10 Silverado