The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-03-2012, 12:03 PM   #1
lenguini

box alignment issue

Hello all,looks like a small problem with an alignment issue with my box.If you stand at the tailgate and look down the box sides,the box is sitting father to the left.(drivers side)
Im not sure if this is a factory issue and wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this problem.

Id appreciate some pics of your finished truck back to front for comparison.

Cheers,
Ed.

My build thread-project truck dream 65"

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=510863
lenguini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:45 PM   #2
hugger6933

Re: box alignment issue

Since I hang out mainly in the 67-72 section and paint & body, I will introduce myself. My name is Jimand I live and own a small body shop in easternArkansas. I rebuild late model trucks cars and suv's and resale them and I have been doing this since 1987. Just to let you know I have had a little experiance with ill fitting gaps. Now first off we need to take some X measurements. An x is take a tape and going from lets start with the cab mounts go from the left front to the right rear. Record the number and tape the other side .They should be equal. If not your trouble may be found. Okay lets say that the left front to right rear ia little off say 1/2 inch that will mean that the cab it sitting crooked on the frame and that will wreak havoc on the body lines. Ok so we are off by 1/2 that means we need to move the cab towars the short side one half the distance you are out of Xin this case 1/4 in. I would start with the cab to make sure it is square on the frame over time it can shift from degrading mrubber mounts or a minor fender bender. once the cab is checked then you can make X measurments on the bed to look for your out of line issue. I hope that helps. If not after taking the measurments holler back if you still have not figured out the issue
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote