The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-06-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
hugger6933

need some opinons

on my 64 "Blue Bob". The wheels, should they be Wite Black or silver? the mirrors , they are off so I can piant them. Should they be White or silver? I have also thought of painting the mirror and the wheels silver but if I do will I need to paint the grille and front bumper to match? I will post some pics after the clean up it is amazing so far. The first pis is what we have to work with . The second pic show the progress to part of the door from the cleaning. I hope to get the cleaning done sometime soon and I'll post up the pics afterward
Attached Images

hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
hugger6933

Re: need some opinons

Here is a better pic of the cleanup
Attached Images

Old 06-06-2012, 10:45 PM   #3
RanchFlyer

Im diggin it. I think anything but white on the trim and mirrors would discount the originality. However, on the wheels medium grey, somewhere between silver and charcoal. Are the sides on the bed staying? A fresh coat of urethane on a big old wood flat bed would rock. Last point, I keep my 72 (original paint, 24years on cattle farm) looking good with Meguires cleaner wax. It brings a little shine back to the paint and keeps the naked spots from rusting.
RanchFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:24 PM   #4
betsy69chevy

depending on if you want to keep a original look my grandpa had one it was all original it was mint green with white wheels and white mirrors and black bed so I would go with white for wheels and mirrors and white grille to me its different from a 1/2 ton so needs that old farm touch

The only good thing about ford trucks is at least they circled the problem!!!!
betsy69chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #5
hugger6933

Gonna do the mirrors and wheels in white. If I get the buick I have in the shop now painted in the morning I can work on it tommorrow after lunch.I have a Pontiac job coming in on monday but it is a quickie. May actually get some time in on the old stuff next week