The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
briank

1972 blazer help

Hello, I'll start off by saying I'm a suburban guy but have always liked the Blazers and Jimmys. That being said, there is a guy in town that has a 72 Blazer 4wd w/a running 350 (4spd) for sale and was wondering about some of the parts availability for it. It has typical rust (came from Utah previously so it must have been in the midwest for awhile!) The rear double wall top hatch is missing the latch and handle, is that available? Doors are toast and I'm told p/u doors will work if you cut them around the window channel. Thanks for any help!!
briank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #2
blue70k5

Re: 1972 blazer help

Hey! Most parts are either available as a direct fit for a blazer or can easily be adapted to fit from the truck counterpart. I believe a rear hatch replacement is available but I have heard bad things about fitment and you'd probably be better off repairing a used one or finding a diffent top altogether. (not as difficult to locate as you might think...) Also, blazer doors are reproduced but from what I've read they are pretty simple to cut down from truck doors if you want original sheet metal. As long as you don't mind getting a little creative from time to time, you can find everything you need.

-Tristan
Posted via Mobile Device
blue70k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:52 AM   #3
briank

Are buckets seats and consoles the same as pickups and is the rear seat from a blazer the the same as the second row suburban seat?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-11-2012, 06:03 PM   #4
blue70k5

I believe the back seat of a Blazer is the same as the third row in a suburban, bucket seats are the same as trucks except for the plastic (or metal) seat backs and passenger side brackets which tilt forward.
Posted via Mobile Device
blue70k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:07 PM   #5
briank

Thanks for the reply. I ended up buying two (yes two) rear blazer seats. The burb I was told had seats only had a front seat so I found the correct rear blazer seat. I also found a console and deluxe door panels. On to the rest now.