The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-09-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
Malamute

I think I found one

This is my neighbors truck and he's looking to lighten the load at his place. '69 w/ sb 400 and 700r4. Has tilt, tach, ps, pb but no disk. I'm thinking a drop, front disks, wheels and tires and drive it. He's asking $5,500 but I think I'm going to throw him an offer. It needs a new window, e-brake doesn't work and the weather stripping is shot around the doors. Here's a few pics, the spid is faded.

Let me know what you guys think, thanks.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
Malamute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:44 PM   #2
QKENUF4U

Re: I think I found one

man thats a nice clean truck...
QKENUF4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:47 PM   #3
Frijolito1988

Go for it, thats a steal here in So cal.
Frijolito1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:50 PM   #4
71swb4x4

Is that an original short bed? Only reason I ask is a lot of "extras" have been added like camaro tach, 400 small block, side trim, wood grain bezel, etc. It appears to have been put together with stuff, but that doesn't mean the truck isn't an original shortbed. It could easily be an original short bed, but if that part is important to you I would check it over before writing the check.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:12 PM   #5
Malamute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71swb4x4 View Post
Is that an original short bed? Only reason I ask is a lot of "extras" have been added like camaro tach, 400 small block, side trim, wood grain bezel, etc. It appears to have been put together with stuff, but that doesn't mean the truck isn't an original shortbed. It could easily be an original short bed, but if that part is important to you I would check it over before writing the check.

I couldn't see anything to make me believe it wasn't a sb but I'll be honest, I wasn't looking that hard for it. Truck had a 350 orignally I believe, he put the 400 in it a few years ago when he planned to build it but it got lost in a few other projects.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:33 PM   #6
72highlander
Sophomore Member

I think I could make out 115 on the spid, should be an original shorty.
Posted via Mobile Device

these trucks don't need vacuum gauges cause they don't suck!
two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left
all i want is a little more than i'll ever get
it's better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6
72highlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:44 PM   #7
sir_talk_alot

id offer around +/- 4700, see what he says. it looks like a pretty good truck. id buy the wheels and tires if you werent so far away. and are you sure that isnt a '70, 69s and 70s look almost the same, but from my understanding on depicting what year between the two, you had to look at the grille, if the plastic upper and lower pieces looked like small individual sections it was a 69, but if it was just straight plastic it was a 70, may be wrong, i have a 70.

'94 GMT 400 ext z71 3" body, 3 in rough country, hd mirrors, 20" motometals on 35s
sir_talk_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:15 AM   #8
67c10rustbuket

I think you should pass on this one. I'll be up to pick it up next weekend!
Just kidding looks like a winner to me ! As highlander said check the top center of the spid label, where is says "W/BASE ___" if it is 115 then it is original short bed. Well the glove box is anyway I would inspect the frame to be sure personally but it looks original to me from here, nice score if you get it !!

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:15 AM   #9
special-K
Special Order

That's a decent truck for the money. The SPIDs shows it's an original SWB. It definitely doesn't read 127. It's also definitely a '69 by the grilles,which is not the one reproduced. Goodies have been added,as so many do. That truck is a base model that's been "spruced up" along the line. Heh heh...get it? Looks like a repaint in a Spruce color. Looks like it came with automatic,gauges,full foam seat,and body side moldings. I'm going to guess it's a CS1,but could have been a 307. It was originally Dark Green w/White and green interior. I like it as it is.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:45 AM   #10
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
That's a decent truck for the money. The SPIDs shows it's an original SWB. It definitely doesn't read 127. It's also definitely a '69 by the grilles,which is not the one reproduced. Goodies have been added,as so many do. That truck is a base model that's been "spruced up" along the line. Heh heh...get it? Looks like a repaint in a Spruce color. Looks like it came with automatic,gauges,full foam seat,and body side moldings. I'm going to guess it's a CS1,but could have been a 307. It was originally Dark Green w/White and green interior. I like it as it is.
To me it looks like a solid deal

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:41 AM   #11
hugger6933

I don't see any reasons against it just reasons for it. It looks good to me. A buff job would go a long way towards making it look a little better
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:48 AM   #12
Malamute

Thanks for the input, everyone! It was repainted quite some time ago and has been sitting outside for a while. Paint is chipping and fading but I'm not worried about it. I wish it still had a white roof as that is my favorite look but I am not going to invest money in paint on this truck. If I ever get one with expensive paint I'll let someone else take the hit on that one! I think I'll offer $5k and see what happens. My boys are both interested in cars so maybe we can do some work on it together to get their interest up even more.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:02 PM   #13
jocko

nice truck, hope you get it and you and your sons enjoy it. Biggest asset is that the body looks very solid all the way around - that alone makes it worth $5K. The fact that it's a CST and swb, etc is icing on the cake. Good deal, jump on it.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:05 PM   #14
big_al_71

very nice truck for a fairly good price...

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #15
dhaymaker

That's a nice looking truck. If you decide not to buy it, PM me!! It would be good to keep it in Colorado...LOL!

"The DRBMan"

2014 Audi A4 (The Wife's Daily Driver)
2017 HD Ultra (The Cruiser)
2003 HD Fatboy (The Ride)
2001 Chevy Suburban (Another back up!!)

For the first time in forever, not a single 67-72 Chevy truck, Blazer, or Suburban on the property! Basically retired and getting the new Motorhome ready for some traveling. Doing a bit of work on the house getting it ready to sell! LOL!!
dhaymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #16
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

It's an older restification. It wasn't a CST when new. The VIN is your clue. If it starts with CE, it was a V8; a CS means it was a 6-cyl. 10734 is the next part, for a SWB fleetside. 10934 says it was a LWB fleetside. 10704 would be a short stepside.

The mirrors are '71-2.

Overall, from your pix, it doesn't look bad, but CO uses chemicals on the roadways, so I'd be checking what the sun doesn't shine on with a magnifying glass. Look at the lower edge of the cowl, where the fenders attach. Cab corners and rockers will be obvious. Floorpans should get some scruitiny, too. Trailing arms (2 pieces of metal sandwiched together) are another item that will weaken from rust. Radiator support and the area beneath the battery will be fairly easy to see.

Good luck.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #17
Malamute

I wish I could have gotten a better pic of the spid, but it is quite faded. As far as rust, I've crawled under that thing twice and there is absolutely no rust in the floor pan, rockers, cab corners or wheel wells. I don't think this truck has been driven much in the past 10 years.

Again, thanks for the feedback. I'll get better spid info when it's in my driveway!
Old 06-10-2012, 05:23 PM   #18
chevy72blu

make sure to take a magnet to the rockers and cab corners and/or do the knock test when looking for body filler. Rust can get you in trouble on these things.

Of course it can be repaired, but it provides good bargaining room for the price.
chevy72blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:44 PM   #19
Malamute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevLoRay View Post
It's an older restification. It wasn't a CST when new. The VIN is your clue. If it starts with CE, it was a V8; a CS means it was a 6-cyl. 10734 is the next part, for a SWB fleetside. 10934 says it was a LWB fleetside. 10704 would be a short stepside.

The mirrors are '71-2.

Overall, from your pix, it doesn't look bad, but CO uses chemicals on the roadways, so I'd be checking what the sun doesn't shine on with a magnifying glass. Look at the lower edge of the cowl, where the fenders attach. Cab corners and rockers will be obvious. Floorpans should get some scruitiny, too. Trailing arms (2 pieces of metal sandwiched together) are another item that will weaken from rust. Radiator support and the area beneath the battery will be fairly easy to see.

Good luck.
Helpful info, thanks. Went and took a closer look, very faded but it was CE10734. Couldn't really make out the 4 but given your info that the only thing it could be.

No rust filler in rockers or corners, used a magnet. Also no rust. The ONLY place I found a small hole of rust was in two of the supports under the cab that go from the body mount to the rockers, very minor but should that be concerning? Floor pan perfect. On other thing of note that I missed before is that the holes in the bed rails were filled in but I could care less about that.

I think the hood was either repainted after the rest of the truck or it was replaced at some point. It doesn't match up(he says it was removed when the motor was replaced) and it's a slightly different color.

Again, thanks for all of the helpful info everyone.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:33 PM   #20
Malamute

Been a busy few weeks, just talked to him today and he accepted my offer! Going over tomorrow afternoon to seal the deal and bring it home. Thanks for the help everyone.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:17 PM   #21
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

You can get replacement cab mounts...the ones that you mentioned....or you can get some that are simple reinforcements for the rusty ones you mention. In the cab, beneath your feet and the mat/carpet, you will find one bolt on each side. There are two more, beneath the gas tank. The ones beneath the tank are at the back of the cab and will have rubber cushions that are visible in front of the bed.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:39 PM   #22
70cst

: on one looking truck! ...
Posted via Mobile Device

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:03 PM   #23
midniteblues

Congrats on your purchase thats a great looking truck! You know we are going too need more pics of it then
'74 heald super bronc vt8. tecumseh powered moon rover.
midniteblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #24
jocko

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!! That is sweet.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:55 PM   #25
Malamute

Thanks guys, I'll get more pics on Sunday. Going to start pulling things that need to be pulled and cleaning the interior up.

Going to leave the paint as is for a while but what do you guys think about spraying the top white and sanding it down to get some color coming though so it looks ****ty like the rest of the paint? I like a little contrast and have a buddy that manages an auto body shop that could help and make it easy on my wallet as well.