The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-10-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
69CRUZR

NEW GMC Chrome grilles, anybody know the best place?

Hey guys, its getting real close to time for final mock-up before paint, and I want to have the truck completely assembled and running (hide wiring, etc) so I can work out all the small things before its painted. One thing I do not have is a new show quality GMC grille. I have searched all the usuals, LMC, Brothers, Classic Parts, Chev's of the 40's, etc. They all vary a little bit, so far the best pricing technically from LMC, only because their O/S shipping fee is only 20 bucks.

I have ordered many parts from Classic Parts and would prefer to spend the extra 20 for their grille, even though their probably from the same warehouse. Do you guys have any good secrets where you got your GMC Grilles? These grilles are all roughly 475- 525 for the grille and 320-375 for the outer surround. Does anyone know any quality differences between the companies? There are many members on here who have done this many times over compared to myself, so Im looking for your veteran advice

Thanks guys!
Attached Images

69CRUZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:16 PM   #2
sider68

Re: NEW GMC Chrome grilles, anybody know the best place?

Go with your gut feeling and Classic . They are large enough and probaly have a better warranty
sider68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #3
69CRUZR

Thanks sider68, thats definately my gut feel! Im sure that someone on here knows of another company out there that may carry them cheaper, and if anyone knows of where I would like to hear it!

I plan on waiting another two weeks before ordering as the MSRA Back to the 50's Car show is coming up at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds over the weekend of the 20th. That is one of the nations biggest carshows (2nd biggest I think? 12,000 cars) and the vendors are everywhere. That way I could see the products in front of me, and many times they have car show "deals" going on. Whether or not it will be worth the wait I do not know, time will tell. Its pretty hard to return a product your not happy with that came from a vendor from across the country which you bought in person... Whereas internet orders are not like that.
69CRUZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:33 AM   #4
slimneverdies

Keep us informed on what you do cause in a couple of months I will have the same issue
Posted via Mobile Device
slimneverdies is offline   Reply With Quote