The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-11-2012, 08:20 PM   #1
SRVBLUES64

holley avenger

okay heres a good one, brand new holley 570 cfm Im having 2 problems 1 when getting to the secondaries the engine bogs down so I bought a holley kit 20-13 a selection of springs. I changed the spring 3 times but nothing changed but while driving my truck trying to get the secondaries the carb started to rev up like the trottle was sticking but is was not the throttle, I shut it off to check things out and restarted it several times but it just started at a high rpm any thoughts?
SRVBLUES64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:12 PM   #2
bonacker

Re: holley avenger

Today must be Holley carb day! I answered a post on another forum with a similar problem. I'm going to venture on the high revs first. Could be something interfering with the throttle linkage? Are the return springs still on? A slight possibility is the carb mounting nuts are too tight therefore warping the base plate and throttle shaft. As for the secondaries, if nothing changed with the different springs then most likely there is a vacuum leak. All the extra vacuum ports capped off? Again, a warped baseplate could cause leaks. Hope this helps and keep us posted.
bonacker is offline   Reply With Quote