The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-20-2003, 12:58 AM   #1
chevychic

Question Does anybody else do this?

As most of you know with the problems my truck has given me over the past couple of months, I was darn near ready to give it to the next person walking by.

Over the last week I did a lot of thinking of what I would need to do to my truck to make it into what I want and how much it would cost compared to going out and buying a truck that was closer to being there than I am now.

One of the major things to me is the lack of A/C. As I was thinking about how much it would cost to install A/C in my truck, I remembered seeing an A/C truck that had just arrived at the pic n pull yard and asking the guy there how much he would charge me for the entire unit (I'm sure some of the components I would want new but I thought I'd ask for the whole thing to make it simpler).
He said $75 if I pull it.

So I spent a few hours Sunday doing some research on installing A/C and getting some ideas of what it would take.
All night long I ended up dreaming of the whole A/C layout, what it would take, and what I'd have to do to make it work.
I did the same thing several months ago when I was making plans for when I'm ready to cover the interior door panels and dash.

Anyone else here plan out future mods on their trucks in their dreams?

I guess that's when you know you got it bad

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a horrible warning.

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think"
- Christopher Robin
chevychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 01:05 AM   #2
brad2

I don't think I dream about it but I do spend to much time thinking about it.
brad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 01:58 AM   #3
ElGracho
Gentleman Jim Driver

Heather, check out my page, I did the same thing to my 84 about six years ago.

ac install
'85 Chev C10 Short Wide - Super plain Vortec 4.8 4L60E trans
also: '81 K30, '83 C30 Crew Dually, '84 M1028 CUCV, '85 M1009 CUCV, another '85 C10 SWB, '89 R3500 Flatbed
ElGracho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 02:05 AM   #4
chevychic

Joe
Actually, your page was one of the ones I was looking at Sunday.

Great info on it!! Thanks

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think"
- Christopher Robin
Old 05-20-2003, 02:38 AM   #5
79BIG10
I'm back with 2nd truck!

Thanks for the info Joe. Now I've got a parts list as well to start working on gathering all the stuff I"m missing and need replaced.

Back to the topic Yes I do it all the time here at work. Anytime I have a free couple minutes I try to figure out what I need next. I've thought about it and thought about it over and over so many times it hurts. Then the realization kicks in that I would need to hit the lotto to afford all the wants

"Don't underestimate how sexy a fat man who drinks to excess can be." Homer Simpson
79BIG10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 04:59 AM   #6
MSL

Im guilty i do the samething sometimes i cant get to sleep because of it. i guess i must have it bad.
MSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 09:25 AM   #7
chevychic

Quote:
Originally posted by MSL
Im guilty i do the samething sometimes i cant get to sleep because of it. i guess i must have it bad.
Maybe it's a Southern Oregon thing... LOL

- Christopher Robin
Old 05-20-2003, 09:39 AM   #8
Chevy67Tk

Quote:
Originally posted by chevychic

Nope happens over here in PA also....
Old 05-20-2003, 10:15 AM   #9
1FaastC10
Account Suspended

Indiana as well... my poor baby hasnt hasnt hardly been touched in the last few months. i started back to work last night/this morning, so hopefully i'll be getting somewhere soon.
1FaastC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 11:27 AM   #10
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

Not only southern Oregon for sure, it happens in NC too.

I don't remember dreaming about it persay, but I lay there thinking about it before going to sleep.

Yeah, I got it bad. It's an addiction I tell ya.

1985 Chevy C-10
swervin ervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 12:16 PM   #11
Gibble
mmmm....Rye and Coke

Quote:

It flows into canuck land too
Gibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 12:19 PM   #12
Tom
driving is in my blood

Re: Does anybody else do this?

Quote:

Anyone else here plan out future mods on their trucks in their dreams?
O god dont get me started! THe 496 stroker, the 454 or 427, the dream 478 de-stroker, the 3.5L for my accord, the 6sp manual for all my vehicles, the rear suspension setup, the fiberglass, I could go on and on.....
-CBR600F4i, CBR600RR, CBR1000RR, and standup skis
DISCLAIMER: I cant spell for the life of me.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 12:23 PM   #13
LOHRTBT
BeWarE tHe eViL CrAnkTOe!

Yes ...In fact I can solve things in my sleep...Its weird. If I cant figure out how something goes together..I can think about it/dream about it and figure it out. There has been many times I will just get up quickly from bed and go out and do it or write it down so I dont forget lol! Crazy huh?

- 1986 Chevy SWB - Stock for now
- 1986 Chevy Custom SWB *Stolen 6/26/05*
- 1985 Chevy SWB SOLD
- 1999 T/A Some mods
www.cardomain.com/id/ramairdave

AIM Screenname - Jester84
LOHRTBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 12:56 PM   #14
chevychic

Quote:
Originally posted by LOHRTBT
Yes ...In fact I can solve things in my sleep...Its weird. If I cant figure out how something goes together..I can think about it/dream about it and figure it out. There has been many times I will just get up quickly from bed and go out and do it or write it down so I dont forget lol! Crazy huh?
I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!!

I'm learning visual basic code in one of my classes and one of my programs was giving me fits. Until I dreamt about it and solved the problem in my dream. Woke up the next day, wrote out my dreamt up code and it worked!!

- Christopher Robin
Old 05-20-2003, 02:43 PM   #15
MSL

You guys are not the only ones to dream something up i do the samething when im trying to figure something out and bam it hits me i run downstairs to write it down. i think its just that chevy curse. oh isnt it great the best and only curse to have.lol
MSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 03:04 PM   #16
Gibble
mmmm....Rye and Coke

Quote:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!!

I'm learning visual basic code in one of my classes and one of my programs was giving me fits. Until I dreamt about it and solved the problem in my dream. Woke up the next day, wrote out my dreamt up code and it worked!!
I'm a programmer and I do the EXACT same thing...if something is "giving me fits" I just go do something else and ussually figure it out that night whilst sleeping.
Gibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 03:47 PM   #17
Tom
driving is in my blood

Its a trick of the brain guys! When you go to sleep tonight, find a math problem you know you cant solve. Try and figure it out before you go to sleep, and think about it as you fall asleep! The answer will come to you in a dream, but not all of ya will remember the answer Im serious too, no joke. I know of a professor at ASU that does this to all his students
-CBR600F4i, CBR600RR, CBR1000RR, and standup skis
DISCLAIMER: I cant spell for the life of me.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 05:59 PM   #18
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

when i get started on something like that i end up agonizing over it for days if not a week or two. Aas for doing the junkyard AC thing thats cool but make sure the parts are good and the Air conditioning pieces arent cracked or broken and make sure ya clean em up before ya instal them. I woiuld also use brand new O Rings at the connections and go painstakingly slow disassembling and replacing it. You asked my opinion as to whether to keep your truck or sell it and i sent a reply to the thread; seeing as how youre keeping the truck this will be a good way to make it more owner friendly. Good luck and have fun
PS lol my wife hated when i made plans for my projects and didnt show any interest in them at all. She always loved when she forced me to sell one, and i had some nice stuff over the years. Hell its one of the things that my son still busts on her about to this day that she forced the sale of a 69 Olds Cutlass S we had. lol i think its cool to see a woman so into the trucks and all especially one whose not afraid to get her hands dirty!
Got a twin sister?? LOL

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 03:16 AM   #19
jimfulco

R12 or R134a?
jimfulco is offline   Reply With Quote