The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-18-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
PaRedneckRiders

Front End Questions

Well i just bought my 82 and am looking to convert it too the blazer/suburban quad headlight front end but my question is about something different.
If anyone has heard of the 4hi mod on the obs trucks where when high beams are on all four lights come on instead of lows shutting off and highs flicking on. Could i do this with that 4 headlight style, i have only seen it done on the newer obs trucks with the one piece headlights. I was also thinking about doing hid's, but not sure how i would go about it because those headlights are a sealed unit opposed to the newer obs single piece headlight that has removable bulbs. So just looking for some insight on a good way to try and do a four high mod with hid's in the older quad headlight design if it is possible or would it be easier to put the newer single piece obs headlights in the older front end then do hid's since they are sold for the style headlights?
PaRedneckRiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #2
spencer_41188

Re: Front End Questions

let me get this right you wont the low beams on when hi is on but dont wont hi when low is on

jump the hot wire with a diode or wire in a relay when power is going to hi it will go threw the diode or relay to the low also but when power goes to the low the diode blockes it or the relay is open and curent dont flow to the hi

hope this helps
Old 07-18-2012, 08:35 PM   #3
PaRedneckRiders

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer_41188 View Post
let me get this right you wont the low beams on when hi is on but dont wont hi when low is on
Yes that is pretty much idea, here it is done on the obs trucks but i want to know if it has been done with the blazer/suburban quad headlight front end and with hid's.http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthre...-Headlight-Mod

Not real sure what i would have to do for hid's cause like i said those headlights are a sealed unit unlike the obs headlights that have removable bulbs and u can get the hid's that just plug in to the existing plug.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:43 PM   #4
PaRedneckRiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by motornut View Post
this style?
I think stock, it does that
i changed the low bulb to the lower spot and the high beam up top too
No not that style the one i was looking for was this one.

Sorry if i stole someones picture.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:35 PM   #5
spencer_41188

your talking about the side by side lights from 88 to 91 found on crew cabs, suburbans, and blazers

you can run the mod on the truck as is with the sealed beam just splice into the wires befor the light conector.

you can get head lights that have the twist in style bulb from lmctruck.com that will fit the headlight buckets on your truck. i like the stock setup because you can aim the head lights one at a time vs. hi and low togeather
Old 07-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #6
PaRedneckRiders

Quote:
your talking about the side by side lights from 88 to 91 found on crew cabs, suburbans, and blazers

you can run the mod on the truck as is with the sealed beam just splice into the wires befor the light conector.

you can get head lights that have the twist in style bulb from lmctruck.com that will fit the headlight buckets on your truck. i like the stock setup because you can aim the head lights one at a time vs. hi and low togeather
I was looking at lmc and the only ones i can find that seem like they would have a removeable bulb would be these. Part number 36-0303 and 36-0302
http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/csb/full.aspx?Page=79
Because they say that they include a high-efficiency white halogen replacement bulb.
Were these the lights you were talking about? if not do you have a link to the ones that you were referring too.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #7
82ccshorty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaRedneckRiders View Post
No not that style the one i was looking for was this one.

Sorry if i stole someones picture.
i have everything to change a truck to that, it came off my 82 crew cab
2004 gmc sierra dually 4/4 lowering daily driver
82ccshorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:55 PM   #8
spencer_41188

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaRedneckRiders View Post
I was looking at lmc and the only ones i can find that seem like they would have a removeable bulb would be these. Part number 36-0303 and 36-0302
http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/csb/full.aspx?Page=79
Because they say that they include a high-efficiency white halogen replacement bulb.
Were these the lights you were talking about? if not do you have a link to the ones that you were referring too.
yep thems the ones
Old 07-20-2012, 05:06 PM   #9
spencer_41188

yea i got a burb dog house with the side-by-side lights just wating to get off this deployment to do the paint done and put it togeather. i like the 4 hi mod thinking about doing it to my truck it would really help on the trails and them dump drivers that like to drive with there hi beams on lol

my to do to my truck list keeps getting longer ... thanks alot lol
Old 07-20-2012, 08:22 PM   #10
PaRedneckRiders

Quote:
yea i got a burb dog house with the side-by-side lights just wating to get off this deployment to do the paint done and put it togeather. i like the 4 hi mod thinking about doing it to my truck it would really help on the trails and them dump drivers that like to drive with there hi beams on lol

my to do to my truck list keeps getting longer ... thanks alot lol
Haha ya i got the 4hi idea from the obs trucks but never really saw it done on our style trucks even with that style front end. I was thinking about doing hid's but now i think i might just get a good quality halogen bulb and go from there i just have replacement sealed beam headlights in the truck now and they are actually pretty bright but im just looking for something different and at the same time would provide more light.
Although i still may kick around the idea of retrofitting projector lenses in the single piece obs headlights and trying out some hid's.